◇Chapter Four: I Can Watch Her

As a heads up, this chapter will be in Sasuke's POV. If in Sasuke's POV I'll put a ◇ symbol.

------------------

I stood beside (Y/N), as Naruto was telling her, her mission.

"You are to take out a pack of bandits that are rumored to be holding some traveling merchants hostage." He said and looked at her.

She smiled and nodded.

"Easy peasy." She said, confidence laced in her voice.

I held back a small chuckle, as I was familiar with that confidence. Back when we were kids. She always sounded so confident and was never scared, of anything that we faced.

Naruto then looked at me. "Everyone, I want to speak to Sasuke, privately." He said and then looked at (Y/N) and Shikamaru.

She shrugged and looked at me. "I'll wait outside so we can go and get Ai." She said. I nodded she left the room.

Shikamaru was about to object, but then shook his head and followed her.

I looked at Naruto. "Is there something you want?" I asked.

He nodded and gave a big, goofy smile.

"Tell me everything! About how you and (Y/N) are doing! Hinata told me she saw you and (Y/N) with Ai, and how adorable you two were!" He shouted, in joy.

"Be quiet, you're shouting."

He sighed and pouted. "Okay, okay."

"But, there is no we. I try to talk to her, but she denies talking to me unless Ai is talking to me or we're eating dinner." I said.

"Well, she has her reasons."

I looked him in the eyes. "What?" I asked.

He jumped and shook his head. "Nope! She's my cousin-in-law, and you should talk about it to her when she gets back." He said, before covering his mouth.

I thought for a bit and nodded. "Thank you, Naruto," I said and left his office.

(Y/N) was standing on the opposite side of the hallway facing the door.

"What were you and Naruto talking about?" She asked.

"Nothing. He just wanted to ask dumb questions."

"As usual." She chuckled and started to walk.

I walked behind her, as we were walking to the academy.

I watched as her hair, swayed as she walked. She held her head up high, only a few times I've seen her head down low was those moments were rare.

Those moments where we confided in each other.

Our fears. Our hatred. Our love.

"I'm scared of my fear Sasuke... My fear of not being able to do the best for my clan...Dishonoring my clan and being outcasted from my clan."

"God! I hate you Sasuke! I hate you so much! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you...!"

"Sasuke! Everyday! Every single day! When we are together when we are apart! My heart beats for you... My thoughts slowly go to you... I can't help but worry about you, cheer you on for your journey, but also love you for who you are... I love you Sasuke Uchiha!"

I let out a quiet sigh, which caused her to glance at me.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

I looked away. "Nothing, just thinking," I said.