Chapter 2

(AT THE LITTLE PALACE DINNER NIKOLAI HAD OFFERED)

"So. Where are we sleeping tonight?"asked Tolya.

"I'm not sure." answered Tamar.

"I meant Santka Alina." he replied. I spit out the water I was drinking.

"What?" I croaked

"We wear your crest, Alina. Will we not still be your guards.'' He said

"You all are welcome to stay here tonight or all your nights. I could create postitions for you here." Said Nikolai. He glared at me and the mess I made. "Did I teach you nothing from your time with me in the little palace? I am quite the rolemodel" I rolled my eyes

"Tolya, I don't think I need personal guards anymore. Right? The Darklings gone, the king is gone, and the Apparat thinks I'm a living Saint. My life's not in danger. If you or any of the the Soldat Sol want to you can continue to watch over and protect me. Sound good?"

"Ofcorse I'm more than her guard so she will always have protection. Assuming we will be together most of the time." Mal said hugging me from the side.

"Um. So, Nikolai got room for all of us?" Asked Tamar.

"Yeah the more the merrier. Tamar this is the Little Palace, I have room for your Kids to have kids. And then some." answered Nikolai. I cursed under my breath. How had I forgotten.

"Alina, you okay?" asked Mal.

"The children." I answered panicked.

''The children?" asked Adrik.

"Our children!" I said my panick level rising. Mal raised my hand with the ring on it.

"Your what?!" He asked.

"The students and orphans of Kermazin!!!" I yelled my hands clenched at my head pushing up my hair. "The Darkling didn't have them in the skiff. They were somewhere in his territory. He killed Ana Kuya to make it seem like he was so ruthless that he would harm and endanger them." I said pacing.

"You made me your villain, Alina" That voice smooth as ice. "Miss me?" No one else heard him or saw him. The tether than joined us, was back.

DAEKNESS NEVER DIES.