04 - Things happened

A whole week after our disappointing reunion, me and Sean where still on non-speaking terms.

Not that we didn't have the chance to talk..

We bumped into each other a few times in class, but we said nothing more than "hello" and "goodbye".

We also ended up in the same group to perform one of the choreo we learned, but we danced on the opposite sides and never once looked at each other.

The day after, when the video came up and I went to watch it, I couldn't get myself to reach the end of it. It was as if someone took control of our bodies, making their movements mechanical and uncommunicative.

I should have expected it. If we texted everyday before, now we were ignoring each other, unwilling to make the first move and open up. Of course our dancing was suffering because of it.

It was weird, and surely I hated it. He was so involved in my life, and I in his, it felt surreal not having him around and talk to him.

I missed him.

I wanted to talk to him, to know that he was okay, and I needed to do something.

One Sunday morning, while I was caught up in cleaning my room, I decided it was time to put and end to this charade. I threw aside a pile of clothes I was neatly storing in my wardrobe and reached for my phone.

I probably wrote and erased dozens of texts, some longer than the others. In the end I decided to go with the plain and simple truth.

I miss you

I sent it and waited for him to read it, shoving in the back of my head all the thoughts and the doubts that swept over me as soon as I hit sent.

I couldn't bare this silence anymore anyway.

Under normal circumstances, normal Sean and Kaycee would have spent Sunday morning at the beach, or at the park, just messing around. Even when we felt too lazy to leave the house, we would have stayed in and watched some movies or cooked some weird dishes. Either way, we were together...

After a few hours my phone finally lit up and I recognized his ringtone. I crossed my room, pretty much running, eager to open the message.

Two words. Me too

-

"Hey, look who's finally back!" Tahani shouted when a tanned and relaxed Kenneth San José entered the TMilly Studio with a huge grin on his face.

It was the day after I audaciously sent a message to Sean, to which he replied (and I subsequently didn't text him back of course). Me, Bailey, Tahani and Julian were all attending Jojo's class.

I knew that Sean would come too, Julian had told me earlier. But the class started in ten, and he was nowhere to be seen, which made me really nervous considering how we left things.

Kenneth joined us in the corner of the room where we were stretching and hugged each one of us. To be fair, Bailey actually jumped in his arms, screaming like a kid. He had been in Europe for almost a month now, half working, half taking a vacation.

"You're back!" she squeezed him even harder. "You have to tell me everything!"

Ken laughed and put her down, trying to catch his breath.
"We facetimed every day, Bailey..."

"I know but I missed you!" she kissed him without hesitation and hugged him again, making him blush in front of everyone.

He was still not used to all this PDA, since him and Bailey got together right before he left for his trip. Sure, they were already comfortable with each other, but turned out he was more shy than he wanted to admit.

Anyway, they were so cute. Tahani laughed at his red face and threw me a knowing look.

"Also," she continued lowering her voice once he was able to move freely again. "Things happened here and I needed your help!"

I frowned and opened my mouth to ask what was she talking about, but a familiar voice behind me beat me to it.

"What things?"

Gym bag on his shoulder, dimples on display and messy hair, Sean Lew had entered the room and was now facing us with an amused look.

I think I got very much close to heart failure.

The first instinct I got was to hug him, but then I remembered we weren't really speaking. I froze on the spot, just looking at him.

Bailey seemed caught off guard and mumbled some indistinct words. I assumed she was referring to Sean and I's situation when she said that things had happened while Ken was away, so now she was trying to deflect.

Luckily for her Jojo entered the room to start the lesson, so we set our bags in a corner and prepared to attend the class, momentarily dropping the subject.

While I was putting my hair up in a ponytail I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Sean with a relaxed expression on his face, making his way to the group of people who was gathering around Jojo.

"Hey Kayc..." he said, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Hey..." I replied, quietly.

What the hell is happening?

For the next hour I tried to focus on the choreography and on Jojo's instructions, but inevitably those two words he said had left me distracted.

We were dancing to a particularly meaningful song, Overdose by Agnes Mo and Chris Brown, therefore I needed concentration to portray the story Jojo wanted us to tell.

In the end I was fairly satisfied, and when it was time to film I couldn't wait to finally dance.

"Okay, next I want to see..." Jojo scanned the room and landed her eyes on me. "Kaycee, come here!"

I grinned, reaching the center of the room.

"You too Sean, let's see how you two interpret this duet..."

He slowly made his way next to me, while my will to dance turned into anxiety.

Will we dance like robots again?

I didn't want to do that without clearing the air between us first. We didn't have time before, but I needed to.

He must have read the concern in my eyes because he took my hand and quickly squeezed it, getting a bit close to my ear.

"Let's do this, Ricebowl"

My eyes darted up to his, shocked by the sudden use of my nickname. It was a while since he called me that.

And he knew I loved it.

I nodded, hinting a smile and visibly relaxing. I didn't know if with only a text things were really back to normal, or if it was just a lucky moment for the sake of the class.

Whatever the case was, I was enjoying every single second of it. I missed it so much.

We took our start positions and as soon as the music started the room disappeared. It was just Sean and I, as it has always been when we danced together.

Just the two of us.

This kind of love only comes in around in a life time, I can't miss it
This ain't no typical, ordinary scenario
I can't control
When opposites attract, I overdose

-

A/N

And that's the fourth chapter...
If you didn't already, but I'm sure you did, I suggest you watch the actual dance they did of Jojo's choreo on Overdose on Youtube. They were so good...

Anyway, thanks to all of you who commented and voted and read the story... I appreciate it!
I'm going with the flow trying to write at my best... language permitting.
So thanks again!

See ya!