A Heart for Milton

Author: TrudysTattle

___

Plot: When Margaret hastily rejected the wealthy industrialist's marriage proposal, she could not have foreseen the events that would lead her to change her mind and open her heart. But was it too late now to let him know? Set in Victorian England, this story is based on the novel by Elizabeth Gaskell and the BBC miniseries of the same title - North and South.

___

My Thoughts: I was drawn to the classic feel of the book, eloquent speech, graceful gestures, and its jane-austen-like pull. The book is incredibly romantic. And the male protagonitst sort of reminds me of my belived Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy. The main character, Margaret was slightly disappointing because, well I read north and south, then I watched it, and realised that I thought her to be very plain in the film as opposed to the soft featured beauty I imagined her to be. It was one of the things that startled me, realising that not every main character has to be beautiful by normal standards, and then letting her features grow on me till I saw that she was indeed quite lovely.

Trudy puts the book in a way that if you're not careful you might enojy it more than the mini series, which are very good.