Happy fathers day

NOPOV

Peter fiddled with the sleeves of his hoodie nervously, today was always a bad day for him. Ever since his birth father and his uncle Ben died he couldn't take Father's Day to heart anymore. Well, before Tony came along anyway and took him in after the car accident with May. But it's silly really, I mean playboy, billionaire, genus wanting him as a son? Peter shook his head at how silly that sounded in his head, but deep down it felt nice knowing he could be apart of Mr Stark's family some how. He wasted no time grabbing a Father's Day cats from his draw and started to write a message in it. Once finished he shoved the card in his back pack and got ready in casual clothings for the day. He bit his lip and couldn't help but wonder if this would be the last straw for him, will Mr Stark kick him out for showing this type of feeling?
"Mr Parker your vitals are showing that you seem to be in distress.. would you like me to alert Mr Stark?" FRIDAY said in the softest voice it could have. Peter flinched and wrapped his arms around himself.
"Uhh no thanks... could you just tell me where Mr Stark is at the moment Fri?" Peter asked and waited for the response, messing with the card and present in his bag.
"Mr Stark is currently in the lab Mr Parker... May I remind you that you have full access to entering his lap while he is there..." Fri said and with that Peter slowly got up, making his way to the lab. He paused at the entrance but then got enough courage to walk into the lab, silently cursing to himself that he was actually going through with this.
"M-mister Stark?" Peter called out in a whisper but loud enough to grab Tony's attention. The older man turned and smiled softly, beckoning Peter over.
"Hey kid, you here to help me with my new suit?" Tony asked and patted the boys back gently when he sat next to him, putting his full attention back on the arms of the iron suit. Peter nodded and put the gift and card in front of Tony slowly, knowing he doesn't usually like being handed things. The man lifted an eyebrow when he saw the card and gift, trying to think of what the occasion was. It then clicked to him a couple seconds later that today was Father's Day, but why would Peter get him a gift? He ignored the fact that he was handed something as he opened the gift, smiling softly when it said 'worlds best hero' with an arc reactor theme in the background in a faint colour as to not collide with the bold font.
"Awe... that's really sweet of you buddy..." Tony said and ruffled the boys hair, causing Peter to smile slightly at the affection. He then opened the card and slowly began to read it.
'To Mr Stark,
       Thank you for taking me in when May had died, I never thought anyone would want to give me a chance but you did give me that chance into being happy once again. I haven't really taken Father's Day seriously since my biological father or uncle Ben passed away but then I met you. What I'm trying to say is that I think of you as a dad, even though I don't say it out loud cause I do, I think I'm mainly scared of how you'd react to this.
I love you Mr Stark, your my dad even if you don't think so yourself. Thanks for taking me in and being the father I've always wanted.
     Yours sincerely
         Peter Parker'
Tony wouldn't lie when he said he had teared up slightly when reading this and Peter started to feel a little scared. He didn't mean to make Mr Stark cry, he only wanted to make him happy to show him that someone cared for him other than Pepper.
"Pete...." Tony said, snapping Peter out of his thoughts as he felt two strong arms wrap around him, pulling him off the chair and into the older man's lap. Peter let out a small sob as he buried his face into the man's shoulder.
"S-So... we are there now...?" He said quietly causing Tony to chuckle, holding the kid slightly closer.
"Yeah kid... I think we are there now.. or should I call you son?" The man said causing Peter's eyes to widen, his grip on Tony's top tightening a little.
"S-son.... you....you mean that...?" Peter asked, his voice stuttering slightly. Tony rubbed peters back softly, causing the boy to sag against him, feeling completely relaxed in the older man's embrace.
"Of course... I've thought of you like a son ever since I saw you and met you actually.. a couple weeks ago me and Pepper actually discussed adopting you.. but we couldn't unless you agreed to it.." Tony said, pressing a soft kiss against the younger boys head. Peter started to tear up as he buried his face back into Tony's- no his dads shoulder.
"So... if I agree... does that mean I can call you dad...?" Peter asked in a small childish voice causing Tony to smile softly, holding the boy closer.
"Yes... of course it does... I'd be a very happy old man if you called me dad.." Tony said and Peter sniffled, hugging Tony tighter as he cried.
"I love you...dad..." he sobbed and Tony just sat there rubbing his back, holding him and giving him all the comfort he needs.
"I love you to...son..." the man replied and held Peter until he calmed down.

It had been a couple of months since that day and Peter was sat in between his adoptive parents on the couch, watching Star Wars. He went with the name Peter Benjamin Parker-Stark because he wanted to keep apart of his biological family with him. Not long after Peter started to slowly fall asleep, curling against Tony's side. Pepper just smiled as Tony wrapped his arm around Peter, pulling the boy closer. They both chuckled when the boy let out a small 'hmm' of contentment as he slipped into the world of slumber.
"Your really good at this..." Pepper said and Tony just smiled, rubbing his hands through Peters hair.
"Yeah well... he's just a really good kid... he's my really good kid..." Tony said as he picked up the boy in his arms, shocking Pepper at how easily he could get up.
"Goodnight love..." Tony said and gave Pepper a quick kiss before walking into Peters room, placing the boy in his bed and tucking him in.
"Goodnight bambino... love you lots..." Tony said and kissed Peters forehead, smiling as he walked out of the door at the soft voice he heard.
"Love you to dad..." Peter mumbled and fell back to sleep with a big smile on his face. Yeah, he had a good life..