Chapter Five

Chapter Five

                    Sitting at a table that was hidden from everyone else, I stared at what was my lunch. Could it really be called lunch?  It was more like rabbit food.  There was lettuce, cucumber... tomatoes... everything that was in a salad.  Okay, so I'd told myself I'd start to eat healthier, but I was hoping it would look more appealing.  It didn't.  Sighing, I grabbed my fork and stabbed the lettuce repeatedly.

                    “What are you doing out here, all alone?”  A bubbly voice asked.  Turning my head, I saw that it was Georgia.

                    “Eating.”  Was the simple answer I gave.  Well, I wasn't eating, it was more like attempting to eat.

                    “What'cha got?”  She asked as she sat herself down on the other side of the wooden bench.

                    “Salad.”  I said before returning back to stabbing my lunch.  It looked a bit mashed now, but no more appealing than it had looked before.  How did people manage to eat this?  Seriously!  Pushing some on the end of the fork, I lifted it to my mouth and glared at it.  Then, closing my eyes and pretending it was something much nicer (like a slice of salami or something), I put it in my mouth.  Eugh.  It tasted as bland as it looked.  This is what I had to try and stomach?  Great.

                    “It's not going to kill you, you know?”  She laughed.  I looked at her with a blank face before looking distastefully at the salad, once again.

                    “You never know.”  I sighed before giving up.  One bite was enough for me.  I'll just try again tomorrow.  Maybe I'd be in the mood for it then?  Not so reluctantly, I grabbed my bag and searched for the packet of biscuits I'd stuffed in there.  When I found them, a massive smile slipped onto my face.  What was better than a packet of Chocolate Bourbons for lunch?  Nothing, that was what.

                    “Woah, what's with the multi-pack?”  Georgia asked, shocked at the packet I'd brought.  Did I care?  Not really, no.  I was hungry, and had a craving for these babies.  I wasn't going to waste them, no way.  They were too delicious to be thrown away.

                    “I'm hungry?”  Even though I'd told Beau (that was that kid's name–pretty weird name, I know) I was pregnant, I wasn't going to announce it.  One, I didn't want the drama to start too early and two, I didn't have anything to threaten Georgia with.  With Beau, and his crappy secret, I could weirdly trust him.  He wasn't going to tell anyone that I was pregnant as he was too scared I'd tell everyone he was gay.  Which reminded me that I had no idea why he was terrified of people knowing.

                    I scarfed the biscuits down pretty quickly (the entire packet–not even crumbs were left) and felt disappointed.  I was so hungry (I hadn't had breakfast and I'd been too busy trying to find those a-holes at break) that I didn't even have time to savour the delicious taste of chocolate!  Or the crunchiness of the biscuit.

                    We sat in silence for about ten minutes before I heard another familiar voice.  Except, it wasn't in the same familiar tone as earlier.

                    “What's up, homies?”  Beau asked as he strolled over to us.  I swear there was a jump in his step.  Did this dude have a split personality order?  Earlier, he seemed shy and had been beaten up and now he seemed to have all the confidence in the world.  This place was getting stranger by the hour.

                    “Nothing... much?”  I answered, unsure of what to say.  I was kind of expecting him to still be down, not as happy as Larry!