V. Progress

From questioning Jaeyoon earlier, the detectives discovered that Storm Intruder went onto a private car after robbing the bank, arriving at what they speculated to be an accomplice's flat.

Inseong looked at the address scrawled messily on his notepad. "This should be it," he said to Dawon, who was already pushing open the glass doors of the apartment building.

As they went through, two other men were walking towards them. One of them was swinging a set of car keys around their index finger.

The security guard seemed to be out for a toilet break, so the detectives went straight up to the apartment.

After a few futile attempts of rapping at the door, Inseong reluctantly submitted to the fact that there was no one at home. "Let's go." When he saw his partner still idiotically knocking at the door, he rolled his eyes and pulled him away. "He's probably still at work or something."

"That's true..." Dawon pressed the down button to summon the elevator. "Then what do we do now?"

"Go home." A ding sounded and they slipped into the lift. "Try again tomorrow."

"Really?" Dawon seemed skeptical. "You too?"

"What 'me too'?" Inseong frowned at Dawon through the mirror on the inside of the lift's doors. "You're the one who said I've been working all-nighters for who-knows-how-many-days. So now I'm going to go home and sleep!"

There was another ding as they arrived L for Lobby.

Inseong noticed that a middle-aged man was now sitting behind the reception. "Let's see whether this guy knows something." He took his ID out as he approached and Dawon followed.

"Excuse me, we're the police and we want to ask you about the tenant of Flat 14D."

"Oh, yes, I remember him! He's a really nice young man. Jo- no, Jung... Jung Daehyun, that's his name." The security guard peered at the computer screen, which was seemingly showing a list of all the residents.

"Then you must recall, two days ago on the thirteenth of April, Wednesday, whether or not someone came to visit him." Inseong already had his notebook out and was flipping through the pages quickly. He settled on one that was filled up to every corner by messy scribbles. "Did anyone come in between the time period of ten to midnight?"

The man pursed his lips, exhaling loudly through his nose. "Honestly, I don't have a great memory. Once in a while there'll always be fresh faces coming in to visit the tenants here. There's no way I can remember all of them."

Inseong nodded and wrote something down on a blank page. Dawon scoured the lobby's ceiling until he located a security camera blinking in the corner.

"Can we have the footage of that CCTV? Also, are there other individual cameras on each floor of the building?"

The security guard followed Dawon's gaze. "Oh, of course. We have two on each floor, and they cover every spot. You want the one on floor 14?"

"Yes, thank you. Ten to twelve on 13th April." Inseong repeated to make sure that the man wouldn't forget.

Five minutes later, the detectives were walking out the door with a USB in their hands.

"You can take the car." Inseong passed his car keys to Dawon and nodded towards the USB. "Look for any clues. Make sure to make a copy of it."