CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to be such an ass about it; but thanks anyway. Glad I always count on my sister to help me. Next time mom and dad criticize you on your career choice, don't expect me to stick up for you." I try to hastily stomp away but Daniella calls me back. I stop and turn around.

"Okay geez, I was just messing with you. I'll happily help you, though you can't knock down any of my suggestions. Okay?"

"Okay."

"So what's his name and what time is he picking you up?"

"His name is Shane and at around five thirty tonight."

Cool. So it's about 11:45 now. Let's go check what we're working with in that thing you call a wardrobe."

We get to my room and Daniella goes through my closet, making minor comments here and there and pulling out a few tops and dresses.

When she's done, she turns to me with a sarcastic disheartened look on her face.

"Sis. You really do have nothing to wear. Let me explain; because it's a mystery date, there are only certain things you can wear. It needs to be so simple yet really classy, and apparently you have nothing like that. Let's go and look in my closet, I think I've got something you can wear."

In Dani's room, the walls are covered by millions of photos. Some of her friends from her senior year, friends she made while traveling (still can't believe after all the drama she caused, our parents are still funding her trips) and others, just random ones from her 'photographer moments'.

From her closet, Daniella pulls out a black top, a slightly oversized brown knitted jersey and a pair of heeled ankle boots. Because she's only three years older than me, our sizes are more or less the same.

"Put these on with a pair of black leggings. Hurry I wanna see what it looks like." She thrusts the clothes in my direction and turns me towards the door and into my bedroom. I put the clothes on and Stand in front of the mirror. Wow, I must admit, it's really cute! Nothing I would have picked out.

Daniella knocks on my door and walks in. She looks at me and seems shocked. The good kind though.

"Not looking too bad sis." She says and hands me a cream colored scarf. "It's the perfect accessory to end off your look." She says

"Thanks Dani. You're seriously an amazing sister" Before she can reply with a smart ass answer, I give her a huge hug which takes her by surprise.

"No problem. Even though I want to strangle you to death sometimes, you're still my sister." She hugs me back and we stand there, just hugging.

"Okay so, what's going on with hair and make up. Are you going to do it yourself or is Carley coming or what?" Daniella let's go and steps back to examine my hair and face.

"I was actually wondering if you'd help me with that as well. I've never been a guru when it comes to make up and I don't want to end up looking like a clown. "

"You're related to me, so I'll definitely make sure that never happens. We got a couple of hours to kill so so you wanna go and grab some lunch. Making you over is really made me hungry. Plus rather eat something now, nothing too heavy or too light."

"Okay, let's go."

We go down to one of Daniella's favorite restaurants, Alluvia Lounge. It has a hipster vibe, with all the occupants looking like they've just come out of high school. No one over the age of 25. We sit at a booth and order our drinks. Surprisingly we both order a vanilla Coke. I guess we do have something in common.

"So tell me more about this date of yours..." Daniella begins and I divulge on how cute he is and how we first met. She looks genuinely interested and we talk until our drinks show up and we have to order. Daniella gets a smoked turkey and avo wrap and I get a chicken and salad. Yumm.

After we've relaxed a little and had a few laughs, it makes me wonder what happened to us, we were so close at one stage. What happened? I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any ice powers and won't send our town into an eternal winter, so that can't be the reason we've grown apart.

Once we're done eating, we get home and I have enough time to have a long shower and wash my hair.

I get out the shower, and Daniella gets to work. When she's done with my hair, she gets done with my make up. After about an two hours of sitting with my back uncomfortably straight and Daniella forcing my head to turn this way and that way, she's finally done and moves me towards the mirror.

Wow. I look amazing!! My hair is done in soft curls and my make up is to look natural yet slightly noticeable. It just looks incredible.

"Dani, wow... I look amazing. Thank you!"

"Well at least I know if photography doesn't work out, I've got personal styling under my belt." She smiles "Now go and dressed. Your date will be here soon."

I go to my room and carefully change into the outfit Daniella chose earlier and I'm really happy with the final outcome.

"Thanks again Dani. I really enjoyed today. I miss hanging out with you." I say and hug her.

"Me too, kiddo, me too. Now come on, I don't want to ruin my master piece." She says and steps away from me.

The doorbell rings and I walk downstairs. It's almost that slow motion moment. I just hope, I don't trip down stairs

!!

I open the door and Shane stands there.

Oh my word, he's still cute!! Okay okay remain cool.

He's about to greet me when he looks up and his eyes go wide.

"Hey Shane..."