15: Almost a reality

Start from the beginning

She recognized this voice. It was her mother's! But the biggest mystery of all is why is she hearing her voice right now of all times? Kou wasn't able to produce the answer on her own.

Seeing her expression turning bad, Tahomaru had decided to carry her on his arms as they quickly enter their home. He immediately called for a doctor to check what is happening with Kou as of the moment.

By the time the doctor had arrived, she already lost consciousness. The doctor had checked her vitals and found nothing abnormal about her. In the end, before leaving, he told them that it was probably out of exhaustion that she collapsed.

It was understandable, but the thing is, they have never done anything strenous this day. If she collapsed when they roamed around the town or when they played that ball game, Tahomaru would understand. But they didn't even do anything so it was strange for her to suddenly collapse like that.

Tahomaru frowned as he sat beside the girl's sleeping figure. He was sure that she was in great pain just earlier but the doctor's diagnostics tells them that nothing is wrong. What could had possibly happened for her to end up like this?

Clicking his tongue, his hand went to touch her forehead before touching his own with his other hand.

"Normal..." He mumbled with a frown. "Then what exactly is wrong?"

He leaned closer to her face, checking if she was really unconscious or not but her soft snores tells him that it was the former. The young man huffed as he folded his arms across his chest, still staring at the girl.

She really looked peaceful right now compared to earlier. He stared at her small face, unknowingly memorizing her features from how her eyebrows relaxed as she sleep. Her pink thin lips slightly parted as she snored. Her long lashes that fanned the skin just below her eyes. And her delicate nose releasing warm air.

"Beautiful..." He mumbled, dazed.

Realizing what he have been doing, the young man shook his head, totally weirded out with himself.

It was after sunset when Kou regained her consciousness. She felt like there's a long time lag she missed due to being passed out. From her side, she noticed Tahomaru leaning on the wall, his eyes closed. Judging by his even breathing, Kou concluded that he was asleep.

She smiled, thankful to him for looking out to her all this time. The girl sat up slowly, the ruffling sounds of the blanket and futon immediately alerting Tahomaru as he snapped his eyes open.

"Oh". The girl muttered, seeing him move from his spot. "I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"

Tahomaru shook his head and instead asked her. "How are you feeling? Does it hurt anywhere?"

Kou could feel his concern for her when he asked those questions. When she first arrived here, she never expected that she will get along with him like this due to their slightly unpleasant encounter. But maybe some miracle had happened and they just suddenly got along just fine.

Seeing the contrast from the Tahomaru at that time to the one in front of her, Kou couldn't help but giggle. The young man blinked and was confused by her sudden action.

"As I thought". He spoke. "There's definitely something wrong with you! Why would you suddenly laugh when there's nothing funny?!"

Or maybe she was giving Tahomaru too much credit.

Her expression turned blanked as she faced him.

"There's nothing wrong in finding your face a little funny". She remarked with a raised brow.