Fighting Time

Hallie Cosgrove. To anyone but her colleagues she is nothing but your average young adult who graduated from high school, attended college and graduated there too with flying colours. She had a family who care and support her... or at least she did.

To everyone but Hallie, everyone knows, or rather thinks that Hallie's parents died in a deadly murder. Wrong place, wrong time... a curse of bad luck that left the young teenager an orphan. But she refused the help she needed to recover and not because of the trauma... because no one would believe what truly happened.

It sounded impossible to everyone but her.

At least she thought it was.

Hallie remembers that night like it was yesterday. The same nightmare repeating, over and over in her subconscious, refusing to leave her. Her father's throat slit and her mother stabbed through the heart as Hallie hid. Hiding in a small alleyway, behind a giant boxes of trash as if she were homeless as she heard her mother's cries of agony for Hallie's father who laid helplessly and completely lifeless.

It was meant to be her. Hallie was meant to die that night. She heard them... the hooded monsters telling one another as their victims laid dead beneath them. The only one who wasn't talking out of the group was the one that laid unconscious beside Hallie.

They knew they'd come for them if they didn't do their job. They didn't do it. They failed.

But it'll always come back to stab in the back when you least expect it. Everyone says that.

But that's not how this story ends.

𝙺𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚜𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎

𝙰𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗

Author's note:

This is my complete original story that I have been thinking of for a while now and I've been thinking... why haven't I written it yet? So I have.

That means I own Hallie Cosgrove and her storyline etc. If you steal it... (which probably won't happen but if it does) I'll be beyond pissed off... I don't get pissed off easily but let's not chance that?

Also I have no idea how long it'll take for me to finish this, let alone post chapters but I'm doing the best I can so just bare with me okay.