~Part One~ The Void

I flipped my board causing it to fly up in spirals under my feet. I waited for the perfect moment to set my feet down and catch the board and the jump all in one. I watched as my board shoes locked with the board and plop down into motion. I heard cheers from almost every one out on the board walk with me. That was nothing I thought to myself thinking of the things I can do on my board. I then saw Cali come to view as I slowly drifted forward on my board. She was with Eli again. I set one off my feet down to the ground to speed up to her.

"Hey Cali!"

I said with a wave as I came closer. She waved back and gave me a soft smile.

"What's up Eli?"

I asked as I held my hand out for him to shake it. He had a firm grip.

"Just hanging with your sister here. What about you?"

He asked. I watched his face literally no emotion at all.

"Just trying out some new jumps on my board. I was just about to head home actually"

I said trying not to think of why I left the house earlier.

"Ooh can I have a ride?"

Cali asked in that always yet perky tone. I nodded with a smile.

"I will be in the car"

I said as I gave Eli a soft wave as I started heading for the red Volkswagen Beatle I had. We just called it our beach bug. I honestly didn't trust Eli alone with Cali she is a pretty skinny blonde with glowing blue eyes and a beach body. What wouldn't a muscular boy with abs and sandy blonde hair and green eyes not want Cali. I thought this as I sat in the drivers seat of the car. I watched Cali get up on her tip toes to give Eli a kiss on the cheek. I couldn't watch I pulled the mirror down to block my vision. A piece of paper fell out and landed on my lap. It was an envelope I opened it up. I read the back first. DJ and the boys (1954). I flipped it over to the other side. I saw me right next to pony boy as he blew his candles out. Johnny and soda were by my side. Steve and two bit were on the other side of pony. Darry and Mr. Curtis were behind pony both with there hands on his shoulders. Mrs. Curtis must of taken the picture. I thought back to that day. It was only weeks before we left. It then hit me. My dad must of put this here after our fight before I left to go boarding. We may argue a lot but he sure as heck understood how to apologize. The only thing was every time he apologized it brought me back to my past and I got that missing feeling everytime. I was then broke from my thoughts as Cali joined me in the passengers seat.