[30] When She Cries

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe you will think of me like that! I'm not as desperate as you! You fucking let me down, Sav." She spat right on the latter girl's face. Savannah still can't process anything.

Kumalas si Jessie at tinulak ang dalaga.

"You let me down, Sav. It's so fucking disappointing." The birthday girl mumbled, tears streaming down her face.

"You're my best friend, Sav. You're a bitch, but I know you won't do things like that. Kasi hindi ikaw yun." She sobbed. Lauren loosen up, she wanted to comfort Jessie but a part of her also wants to preach in front of Savannah. However, she's not in the position to talk right now. So she remained silent.

"I knew you before I decided to befriends with you." Jessie paused, trying to bring back her normal breathing pattern. "You might me rough, but I knew there's a part of you that is soft.... so I didn't mind that attitude of yours. Kasi inisip ko, baka isang araw..... baka lang naman.... isang araw.... magbago ka." Savannah felt an ache on her chest.

"Now, you just proved that you're an asshole to think that I could ruin Mae just because of my insecurities. Damn it, Sav. I don't know what to do with you now." She shook her head and composed herself.

"Jess---" before she could finish anything, Jessie was already out of their sight. Lauren stared at her. Dismayadong dismayado sya sa kagaguhang ginawa ni Savannah. Pero sa kalagayan ng dalaga ngayon, mas sibilisado pa siguro kung umalis nalang sya.

Humakbang sya palapit kay Savannah. Dinuro nya ito habang pinanlilisikan ng mata.

"Don't you dare to plan a revenge. I'll surely tell everything to Miss Geronima if you do." pagbabanta nito at tuluyan nang umalis.

Savannah being left alone, finally had the opportunity to cry out.

....

Nagmistulang massacre ang naging ganap sa backyard nang maabutan ito ni Lauren. Bagama't ang ilan sa kanyang mga kaklase ay nagsasayawan pa, halos lahat ay nakabulagta na sa damuhan habang ang iba ay gumagapang para sa kanilang wisyo.

"Omayghad Tih nunigagawa nue?!?!" she hissed after seeing Joy and Jane shrinking themselves to the chairs. "Tae, get up! Get up!" utos nya ngunit hindi na kaya ng katawan nila ang gumalaw. She sighed in defeat. She slumped down into the ground. Hindi nya na alam ang gagawin.

"Pisting yawa." napalingon sya at nakita nya si Nik na napailing iling dahil sa kalagayan ng kaibigan nya.

"Nasan si Mae?" tanong ni Lauren. Ngumuso si Nik sa kaliwa, at naroon nakaupo si Mae na mahimbing nang natutulog---sa lapag.

Balak mang magprotesta ni Lauren, inisip nya na lamang na mas maigi na ito. At least nakikita nila. Dahil wala nga naman silang ideya kung san nakatira ang nasabing dalaga. Naramdaman nya ang kanyang cellphone na nagv-vibrate. Napasinghap sya nang makita nya ang ika-50 na miss call mula sa kanyang Mama at kay Goryo. Akmang bubuksan nya na sana ito nang biglang magshut down ang kanyang phone.

"Tae!" she hissed. Sana lang talaga naipaalam nyang mag-oovernight sya. Dahil kung hindi, baka wala na syang bahay na mauwian kinabukasan. Knowing the fact that it is already 2:00 am.

"We need to take them home. Now." Bulalas ni Nik at binuhat si Jane. "Paano si Mae?" tanong ni Lauren matapos maiangat si Joy.

"I'll let her sleep at the guest room." Jessie, who popped out of nowhere, volunteered. Nagkatinginan sina Nik at Lau. Tsaka muling humarap kay Jessie.

"Don't worry, they told me that Savannah went home already. And Poppy's found inside a cubicle, I wonder why he's there. But I already sent him home." She assured.

"Sige." Saad ni Lauren. "Update me tom kapag nakauwi na sya." Dagdag pa nito. Matapos ang nangyari, hindi nya maiwasang mag-alala. Lalo na't iniisp nya, ano na lang ang magiging reaksyon ni Mae kapag naalala nya kung ano man ang nangyari kanina?

"Salamat, Jessie." saad ni Lauren

"No, Salamat. Lauren." giit ni Jessie, kaya napangiti na lamang si Lauren nang pilit bago kinarga sa likod si Joy na kasalukuyang kumakanta ng baby shark pabulong.

Since they can't send Joy to her house with that drunken state, they decided to ride a taxi heading to Jane's unit. Tahimik lamang ang buong biyahe, dahil baka magising nila ang dalawa. Nang makarating sila sa unit, inihiga nila ang dalawang lasing sa kwarto ni Jane.

"Kaya mo na umuwi?" Nik asked in a worried tone. Nasa balcony sila ngayon, lumalanghap ng sariwang hangin. They are standing three meters apart.

"Oo naman. Ako pa ba." pabirong tugon ni Lauren matapos uminom ng kapeng itinimpla ng binata.

"Thank you for helping me out tonight. I can't imagine myself groaning in frustration if we didn't save Mae." she smiled genuinely.

"You made me worried." Nik blurted out. Not minding the girl's reaction. Lauren on the other hand, had her eyes widened as she was caught off guard.

"Jane's having my preach tomorrow for her breakfast." Dagdag pa nito.

"Yaan mo na yun. Kung hindi naman kami pumunta hindi ko malalaman. Thing's could've gone worse." Saad ni Lauren. Napabuntong-hininga na lamang si Nik. At some point, he is proud because Lauren is finally learning to become optimistic.

Humarap si Lauren sa nakasarang sliding door ng kwarto ni Jane, nakita nya ang kanyang repleksyon.

"Ugh, I'm a mess." she huffed as she saw her dishevelled hair.

"A beautiful mess." Nik whispered, but loud enough to make the girl feel the heat on her cheeks. Nik wasn't even looking at her. He was just staring at the night sky.

There was an awkward silence between the two. But somehow it gives them comfort. They do not feel obligated to talk, just knowing that they have each other's presence makes them feel at ease.

They enjoyed talking about random things as they finish the rest of their coffee mugs. After that, they both went down to the ground floor.

"I'm going now." paalam ni Lauren nang makarating sila sa labas ng condo.

"Sigurado ka ah? Pwede naman kita ihatid---"

"Nah-ah. You better take rest now. Nagmumukha ka lalong patay." Lauren playfully said as she tapped the taller guy's nose with her pointing finger. Nik blinked a few times, making the girl chuckle.

"Mauna na ko. See you.... when I see you." She said one last time before turning her back. She felt a pang in her chest after saying those words, for she doesn't know how long it will take for her to see him again.

"Shit." she muttered to herself. What was she even thinking? Why does it feel like a part of her is taken everytime they part? Why does it seem like this annoying, cocky, and goofy guy is the same person Lauren wants to be around?

Now, she just admitted to herself that she doesn't know what she feels towards him anymore.

.....