The Sleepover

It was hard making conversation with a girl who barely knew what the word conversation meant. The losers club felt bad for leaving Eleven out of their discussions, but what could they do? They'd offer her snacks here and there, but there wasn't much else for them to talk to her about. They couldn't ask her about movies or television shows she enjoyed, or music she listened to because she had no idea what they were talking about. They then decided then instead of asking her about these things, they'd show her. 

They spent nearly all night watching their favorite movies with her. They each had different taste in movies, Richie into comedies like "18 Again", which the other losers hated. They thought it was stupid but they let Richie have his fun, besides, Eleven was entertained. Ben was into rom-coms, which the other boys relentlessly teased him about, he didn't care though. While watching one of their movies, Bill looked over at Eleven, then asked "wo-would you like s-s-s-some popcorn el-el-eleven?" she took the popcorn, then Richie shouted "EL! Bill you're genius!" everyone just stared at him in confusion. He rolled his eyes and said "Eleven is.....an odd name, no offense. How about we call you El for short?". Beverly looked at Eleven, making sure she was comfortable with this new nickname. Eleven looked back at Beverly and said "El", and nodded her head yes, letting her new friends know she was okay with this. Beverly smiled and said "Alright, El it is then."

The rest of the night they stayed up telling El stories and teaching her about new, unfamiliar things she has never heard of. They wanted to know why she was so clueless, why she's been sheltered her whole life, but they knew they couldn't ask. After El fell asleep, the losers club started to discuss what they were going to do with her. "I don't know, I really don't. She won't tell me anything. I don't know if she even has parents, I don't think she does. I tried asking her where she was from but she just said she was from a 'bad place' with bad men" Beverly said worriedly. "Maybe she does have parents, abusive ones. Maybe her home is the bad place" Stanley suggested. Beverly shook her head, "no...she was in a hospital gown when I found her. I wanted to ask about her hair, I wanted to ask if she was sick..but I don't know if it's a sensitive subject or not." The losers thought for a second, then Richie said "I know you're trying to help her, but you need to be asking more questions, whether it's a sensitive subject or not." Beverly ran her fingers through her hair, then exhaled. "I know..tomorrow we'll try to get answers. Let's get some rest though, okay?". The boys nodded, then laid down. Beverly stayed up though, she looked over at El who was peacefully sleeping. She smiled, then laid down next to the smaller girl. "Goodnight" she whispered.