⫸ 0.1

CHAPTER ONE [ 0.1 ]

Her feet stumbled against the uneven concrete floor, her breathing ragged and shallow. She felt as though she had inhaled acid, her lungs and throat burning with the rising bile.
The whirring sound had followed her, it echoed against the walls which enclosed around her, overwhelming her already foggy mind.

Lungs heaving, she gripped one of the indistinguishable walls, the her lips parted as she gasped out for air. Her lungs were failing her.
She could feel her heart ricochet against her rib cage, her pulse tearing through her frame.

In her frazzled state of mind and efforts to keep running she hadn't realised the wall which she had stopped at had altered. Crafted by concrete it stood solid, towering over her, ivy tickling her numb cheeks. Her eyes watered, she had reached a dead end.

Turning around, she pressed her back against stone praying for some kind of saviour. There was a split second that she almost regretted it all, escaping. Mother was right, she was so stupid.

The whirring had stopped,  replaced with the rhythmic clanks of metal which pierced through the night air. Her throat tightened, and the only sound that filled her ears was that of the terrible creature that stalked her like prey.

Heart palpitated as it as it become overwhelmed by its ability to not function, her firey insides turned ice cold. All she could hear was the thundering of her heart muted by each sounds of metal scraping stone.

Thunk. Scrape. Thunk. Clank. Thu-Thunk. Clunk.

She couldn't help but feel her impending death coming ever nearer and her heart sunk. She had escaped, finally escaped yet what she had run from had already caught her, her image of freedom flickered like a dying light from in her mind.

The uprising sun projected a huge shadow upon a near stone wall. It's mutated figure cast a shadow on the glowing wall.

The creature had slowed, leg by leg, it appeared from behind the wall, cornering her only escape. The creature was enjoying this, taking its time to slowly edge toward her, with full anticipation of tearing her skeletal body limb from limb.

It's razor sharp teeth snapped, a putrid drool fell from between it's mouldy lips. The creature tauntingly scraped its metal legs against the side walls, the wall bared its mark.

There was no escape. Its blind eyes seemed to find a way to pierce through her very being. As though something deep down in the creature connected with her.

The whirring returned and as it closed in, it reached for her small frame, she screamed, a blood curdling scream until her ears were ringing and her throat was raw, before she found herself falling into an abyss of black.

Last edited 05/02 2019