First love (Prequel)

Start from the beginning

"Earth to Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice startles him, and the raven-haired boy realises Taehyung has already started to eat, looking expectantly at Jungkook to do the same as this one was staring into space, overthinking like an idiot.

God, he's being so bad at this.

"S-Sorry." His eyes widen when Taehyung takes his hand, tangling their legs under the table, and that's when he feels them. Those butterflies in his stomach that he thought were only in tales and cheesy movies. Are they supposed to appear over burger and fries in a cheap fast food?

Jungkook decides cheap fast foods are his new favourite places.

"You're nervous." It's not a question, but Taehyung looks like he's waiting for an answer anyway.

"Way too much." Jungkook decides to be honest, and a fond smile spreads on Taehyung's lips.

"I thought you had plenty of dates before?" He teases, and Jungkook can't resist nudging his knee under the table in retaliation.

"Yeah, but none of them were with a boy."

"You mean none of them were with someone as gorgeous as me." Taehyung wriggles his eyebrows, and Jungkook laughs, head falling back for a second.

"That's also true." He admits, and Taehyung's eyebrows disappear under his bangs as a surprised look blooms over his face. His whole face becomes red almost immediately, and a mischievous grin spreads over Jungkook's lips as he finally managed to make Taehyung feel flustered.

"Y-You say that to all your dates, I'm sure..."

"You're right, I've actually said that to all the boys I've dated."

"Idiot." Taehyung snickers as he playfully nudges him in return under the table, their hands still linked. Still, he looks pleased, Jungkook can tell by the way a small smile lingers on his lips as he goes back to eating his French fries.

Jungkook realises his hands aren't trembling anymore, and that he feels much more comfortable than a few minutes ago. He's finally able to start eating without risking to puke all over Taehyung, and for a while, it's silent between them as they focus on the food. It's a comfortable kind of silence, though, Taehyung sometimes smiling at him as he takes a sip of his iced tea.

Jungkook's heart must have found a trampoline somewhere, because it's making somersaults in his ribcage.

His eyes can't help but detail every patch of Taehyung's skin, lingering on his neck and dropping on his collarbones. He suddenly has the urge to trace a path down Taehyung's neck with his fingertips, but he retains himself, not wanting to seem like a creep. Instead, he settles on making conversation:

"Hey, did you read Une Vie?" Jungkook lent one of his favourite French novels to Taehyung a few days ago, knowing that the boy loves books.

"I loved it!" The chestnut-haired male immediately chirps, excitement lightening his eyes. Ensue two entire hours talking about that novel and books in general, Jungkook feeling glad to have someone to share his passion with. He doesn't see the clock ticking, and his eyebrows almost shoot to the ceiling when he realises it's been two hours and a half they've been sitting here.

"Want to walk for a while with me?" He asks, knowing his parents imposed him a curfew but not really caring when Taehyung looks so stunning. He's definitely willing to get scolded if it means he can spend more time with Taehyung. Not wanting them to worry though, he quickly sends them a message, not bothering to wait for an answer.

The salty air reaches their nostrils as they walk towards the sea, the two of them enjoying the quiet night and the breeze that feels refreshing after the almost suffocating heat of the fast food.