Ch. 17: Let the Music Begin

Start from the beginning

            “We think that your music video should be ‘Suddenly’.  The fans have seen ‘With You’, but I think you should do it, and it’s just me and David filming you while you are with your brothers playing, visiting, talking, etc.  And we’ll record you singing it on stage too with Nick on the piano if he wants too.”

            “Sure,” Nick said with huge smile on his face.

            “Let’s get it setup then,” David said with a smile.

~*~*~*~

            For the rest of the day, Mitchel recorded Alex’s singing with Nick beside her playing the piano, and then he would record how Kevin, Joe, and Nick would visit with Alex, and then they would just add that she would be talking to each brother, or what they got while she was sitting with them on the couch.

            The next morning, Alex woke up with a headache.  She knew that she wasn’t sick like last time.  She got up to go to the bathroom and started to get the chills.

            She knew that she was in trouble.  She finished her business and went back to bed and under the covers.

She was about to go to sleep when there was a knock on the door.  “Go away, please, just leave me alone,” she whined.

Alex it’s me,” Kevin said.

Alex moaned, “Don’t come in.  You don’t want to be near me right now.”

Why not?” he asked.

She then coughs, “I’m sick.”

So,” he said.

“I just don’t want you or the boys to get sick around me,” she said and had another coughing fit.

Kevin opens the door, and looks in, “Alex, I’m sorry that you’re sick.  Why don’t I ask David if he has a medical kit and I can take your temp first?”

“Okay,” she said peeking from under the blanket.

Kevin smiles, “I’ll be right back.”

Alex nods closing her eyes as she hears Kevin leaving her room.

Soon Kevin comes back into the room with a medical kit, and sits down beside Alex on the bed.  “Ok lets take your temperature,” he said pulling out the forehead thermometer that David gave him to use, and Kevin puts it on her forehead and in a few seconds, it beeps at him, that he looks at the numbers.

“What is it?” Alex asked moaning.

“It’s 101, so it’s not to bad.”

“But why am I sick?” she asked.

“Working all the time will make you feel sick.”

She thought about it, “Opps,” she smiled.  “So what now Doctor Jonas?”

“Eat and rest,” he said sweetly with a smile.

“But… you guys are here.  You flew here for no reason,” she sat up and closed her eyes.  “I’ll just take something for my fever and headache and call it good.”

“No you are going to stay in bed and rest.  I’ll let Joe and Nick in here in a bit,” he said smiling putting his hand on her shoulder pushing her lightly back on the bed.

“But Kevy,” she whined.  “You’re my guests in David’s house.  I have to properly be the host.”

“I know we are but that doesn’t change that you are still sick.”