Ch. 15: Mystery Phone Call

Chapter 15

            Alex woke up to her alarm on her phone, and she reached over to shut it off.  She moans rolling over and buries herself in the covers.

            “Alex,” she heard.  “Man, it’s going to be weird call your name with Selena’s name is Alex on Wizard.”

            Alex giggles.  “It’s open David, or since we are on Wizard, should I call you Justin?” she asked sitting up to look at her door.

            The door opens, and David peeks in with a huge smile.  “No, David is fine.”  He walks in and went over to the bed and sits down.  “Good morning.”

            “Good morning,” she smiled.

            “Did you sleep well?” he asked.

            She smiled, “I slept like a log.  If I didn’t hear my alarm I wouldn’t have been getting up.”

            David smiles.  “Well, I have breakfast ready in the kitchen for you and a glass of milk as you requested.  We are to be ready in an hour for Mitchel’s studio to start working on your songs.  Unless you want him to come over here today?”

            Alex thought about it.  “We can go over there.  I know that he’s been really excited to finally meet face to face.”

            “And remember we are only there for a few hours and then we head over to the studio for the script reading.”

            “Oh crap, I forgot about that.”

            “It’s okay.  Get ready, and then we’ll head out after breakfast.”

            Alex smiled, “Thanks for everything David.”

            “You’re welcome.”  He reached over to kiss her cheek.  “See you in a few.”

            David left the room, and Alex sighed covering her cheek.  “Wow… I got a kiss from Justin Russo.”

            “I heard that.”

            Alex laughs as she heads to the bathroom in her room.

~*~*~*~

            When Alex made it to LA, she and David got a hold of Mitchel, but he was busy so he couldn’t meet Alex, but he would do it the following day, which Alex was fine with, so David and Alex just sat and watched some movies and visited, worked on a few songs of hers in writing ideas that she was stuck on, and Alex even played her new song for the first time to David on her new guitar.  David was just impressed with the song, and was glad to hear that her brothers heard it before she left, and agreed that it would sound better on the piano.