Ch. 18: Making the Cut Part 1

AN: This is the last chapter of the story, and then part 4 is next... but I want to know if I could start to post it because I'm not getting a lot of readers/comments/votes on it. It was long so I had to break it up into two parts...

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 18

            Two days later, the Jonas siblings and Rob headed to Ellen’s studio, and went inside as Ellen’s director was taking them to a green room.

            “If you have a copy of Alex’s CD I’ll be happy to give it to her right now and she can listen to it while she’s getting ready,” the director told them.

            Kevin gave him an extra copy of the CD, and he left as the family sat down and waiting in the green room.

            Alex reaches up to play with her necklace again.  She closed her eyes, and sighs.  “Please let her like it, please let her like it…”

            “Alex you’re going to be fine, just stay calm,” Nick told her and goes to sit down next to her holding out a blueberry bagel with cream cheese on it for her to eat since Alex skipped breakfast.

            “I know,” she said taking it and starts to take a bite out of it.  “I mean, not like she’s famous or anything.  I mean, my idol is listening to my album right now, or soon will be.”

“Alex your music’s good; she’ll love it,” Kevin said sitting down on the other side of her and pats her knee.

            She rests her head on his shoulder.  “I know.”

            “Knowing Ellen, she’ll have us go on as a surprise guest,” Joe told her while he took a chair to have the back in front of him and he sits down in front of Alex.  “Or you are the musical guest for the show.”

            Alex nods, “I know, I watched her show when she signed up that little boy last year.  Man can he sing.”  Alex finishes her bagel and didn’t want to bring it up, but she need to say something before she goes nuts in not talking.  “Kevin?”

            “Alex?” he asked which they giggled.

            “Did you think about that job yet?  I mean if it’s still too soon, I’ll understand.”

“I don’t know yet,” Kevin said with a sigh.

“Why not?” Joe and Nick asked as once.

“I didn’t say no, I said I didn’t know yet,” Kevin replied.

“Guys, it’s fine,” Alex told them.  “I understand why he doesn’t want to answer.  It is a big job and a huge decision to make too.”  She sighs, “I’ll understand if you don’t want to do it Kevin.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to, I just want to talk with Dani first,” he said smiling.

“You know she’ll say yes,” Joe told him with a smile.

Alex and Nick laugh at Joe.

“It’s the husband and wife thing,” Nick told him.

“They have to make choices together,” Alex told him.  “You both remember that when one of us does ever get married, we are to talk over choices.”

They saw the room door open and see the director hold the door open for Dani and Derek to walk inside.

“Did someone say my name?” Dani asked with a huge smile.