Ch. 17: Let the Music Begin

Chapter 17

            After Mitchel got Alex’s album complete and made a copy for Hollywood Records, and an extra for her family, Mitchel put the album in his stereo that was hooked up to the sound system in the whole house, and they were sitting down on the couches in the front room with Alex, David, and Mitchel watching her brothers as they were readings the words from the music sheets that Mitchel made them copies of, and listening to the whole album.

            Alex started getting nervous watching her brothers just listening to the album, and she didn’t realize that she and David were holding hands as he was trying to calm her down.

            Alex was nervous about her songs, and she was going to be making a video of one soon with David and Mitchel’s help.

Alex watches her brothers at the end of each song, but they wouldn’t say anything, but waited for the next one.

Alex watched Kevin smile when he heard the one song called ‘Me Without You’, and the second from the last song called ‘Headstrong’.  He was tapping his foot to the beat and was just smiling bigger.  She didn’t know why, she was glad that he liked them.

Soon, they all smiled when the last song, which was the one she played for the first time on her own, they just sat there and all three closed their eyes and listened to Alex’s voice singing ‘Suddenly’ to them.

            Alex closed her eyes and listened with her brothers.  She couldn’t take it anymore; she got up and went to stand in front of one of them.

            Joe feels someone was standing in front of him, and when he looks sees Alex crying.  He has her come sit down on the couch beside him and hugs her while she cries in his arms.

            Kevin sees what’s going on that he leans over to hug her and Joe, which Nick sees what’s going on that he leans over to hug them all together as they sat there and listen to Alex’s voice singing.

            Alex didn’t see but Mitchel was holding a video camera and taping what was going on.

            “I think we found our music video,” David told him which he nods.

~*~*~*~

            After the song, Alex went to clean up as the brothers sat there just looking at the songs that they just heard.  Alex comes back into the room, and saw them sitting down alone.

            “Where is Mitchel and David?” she asked.

            “They thought that we’d want to talk about your songs alone,” Nick told her.

            “Oh,” she said and sits down across from them.  She sighs, “Lay it down on me.”

            They look at each other, and then at Alex.  She watches each one stand up, and finally she sees tears fall as they go over to her and pulls her up to hug her.

            “We love it,” Joe told her first.

            “It’s prefect and glad that you decided to pursue this,” Nick told her.

            “The best album from our own sister,” Kevin told her last.

            She smiles and hugs them again.  “Thank you so much.”

            Mitchel and David come back in with some papers.  “Alex, could we talk you guys?” Mitchel asked.

            “Sure,” she smiled as she kept her arms around Joe.