Biography II.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

"see, I was born the second child
with a spirit running wild, running free."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

NAME naoko [ nay-oh-koh ]

AGE depends on the roleplay ( approx. two years younger than riku )
GENDER cisgender female
PRONOUNS she/her 
CRUSH(ES) sora and/or roxas
SEXUAL ORIENTATION heterosexual
ZODIAC scorpio sun, aries moon, leo rising

WEAPON naoko's weapon is the keyblade. her keyblade transformations usually include dark hues of purple and blue. her most utilized keychain is called "moonrise." the keychain itself is a purple, crescent moon while the blade is a sleek, matte black. this keyblade specializes in magic based attacks and is is exceptionally light to carry. 
ELEMENTAL ABILITIES naoko specializes in magic and is especially proficient with aero attacks.

COMPLEXION a very fair olive complexion with faint freckling across her nose and cheeks. always seems to have a new bruise or scratch.
BUILD naoko can best be described as slight of build. she is approximately five feet and three inches tall and weighs an average of 115-120 lbs. 
FACE an often unreadable but otherwise stern expression claims naoko's features. her eyes dominate her face in a way that makes it obvious that she is a scorpio sun. they are a purplish blue reminiscent of the night sky and sensual in such a way as to capture the attention of passerbys with ease. there is something sneaky, almost cat-like about her face, but it is countered by the cuteness of her snub nose, which is covered in a light scatter of freckles. 
HAIR naoko, like her elder brother, dons a head of stormcloud silver hair. her hair, however, is wavy with a silky, almost ethereal disposition. it falls just beyond the nape of her neck and is parted down the middle. 
STYLE naoko's sense of style is reminiscent of the styles native to the youth of such worlds of twilight town or destiny islands. she often dons a periwinkle colored beanie with three black stars stitched into one corner. her favorite outfit includes a pair of loose-fitting, black capris and a purple and blue bandeau top. she wears an armlet with black and white star beads and has several strappy, leather bracelets on either wrist. 

POSITIVE TRAITS good listener, book smart, loyal, quick learner, intuitive
NEUTRAL TRAITS quiet, independent, passionate (intense), sarcastic/snarky, ambitious
NEGATIVE TRAITS aloof, know-it-all, temperamental, stubborn, proud, slow to trust
PERSONALITY on top of being as stubborn as a mule, naoko is an incredibly proud young woman who hates to admit when she is wrong. erring on the side of dark and broody, she stays quiet and likes to think that she knows better than people when, in many cases, she is just as lost or misdirected as the next guy. she faces difficulties with trusting others, likely on account of her father leaving when she was a child. 

naoko is not as bad as she might seem at first glance. her outer layer is hard, stubborn, and frankly kind of snooty, but her inner layer is far more complex. within is a heart 

HISTORY naoko was born and raised on the small, tropical world of the destiny islands. her mother was a spirited young woman named hana and her father was a traveler by the name of yamato. 

in their early youth, hana and her older brother riku both looked up to their father, who was seldom home, but who seemed to love his family with every morsel of his being. there were periods where he would be gone for weeks, sometimes months, but he would always bring munny, gifts, and wondrous stories upon his return. 

one day, when riku was six and naoko was four, yamato returned home after being away for several months. this time was different than all the others, however. rather than his usual barrage of gifts and tales, he came home with a bottle in his hands and darkness in his heart. 

when asked by his wife hana what was troubling him, he responded only that he had gone some place terrible, somewhere no man should ever venture. 

in the months following the incident, yamato became more withdrawn from family life. barely emerging from her toddlers years, this is a time that naoko remembers in bits and pieces.

but one memory that will forever be burned into her brain is the day that her father vanished from her life forever. 

at this point, hana was ten and her brother riku was twelve. they were both reserved and quiet adolescents, naoko perhaps moreso than her sibling. together, with riku always making sure to include his sister, they found friendship in a quirky young boy named sora and the mayor's adopted daughter kairi.

the four of them were out on the beach, playfighting with their crudely made wooden weapons, when along happened yamato. curious about their absent father's sudden appearance, riku and naoko went to speak with him. 

they noticed immediately how strange he was acting. he hugged them both and told them how much he loved them. he explained that there was somewhere he needed to go and that he would be away for a while. 

while naoko stayed silent, riku demanded to know what was happening and where it was that their father was going. yamato responded by explaining that there was something important he needed to go take care of. he assured them that he would return, kissed them on their foreheads, and told them to listen to their mother in his absence. 

and that was the last anyone ever heard of yamato. 

two years later is when the destiny islands succumbed to darkness. 

with her friend group scattered to the wind and her brother nowhere to be found, naoko was forced to follow her own path following the destruction of her homeworld. 

she awoke at the mysterious tower, where notable keyblade master yen sid made his dwelling. he could sense within her the ability to wield the keyblade, so it's no wonder that he took it upon himself to take her under his wing as an apprentice.

so, once he showed her that she was a wielder and explained to her what it means to be a wielder, she agreed to train under him until she was strong enough to find her friends and brother.