start to fade away

MJ wanted to scream. From the top of her lungs.
Wanted to yell, wanted to cry, wanted to curl up and disappear.

But she couldn't let herself break down, when Peter– Oh, god.

She was no doctor, or anyone with medical experiences, but it was pretty obvious that being stabbed with a fucking huge knife was anything but good. MJ didn't know what to do, yet her mind was screaming at her. She felt tears running down on her face in frustration.

She couldn't take Peter to a hospital, because his secret would be discovered. But, again, she didn't know how to attend to his injury.
All she knew was that the knife wasn't supposed to be removed, because it would do more harm, than good.

Right. After this shit she would demand her PhD. MJ scoffed silently at the thought.

"You okay, little girl?"

MJ's heart skipped a beat, when she heard the husky voice behind her. In panic, she quickly throw her scarf on Peter's face. She knew it looked ridiculous but she couldn't risk Peter's identity to be revealed. Then, she shot a glance towards to voice and now she practically felt her heart stop for a moment.

Fucking Deadpool.

It was fucking Deadpool, who was standing a few steps behind her. How the hell? She couldn't believe her eyes. Maybe she was extremely lucky or the exact opposite, to have Deadpool come across them.

Deadpool held his hands to his cheek comically, and took a step closer. MJ tensed, but didn't move. She was pondering if she could use Deadpool's appearance in her advance. She was debating for a few seconds, then made up her mind – Peter's life was now her absolute priority. So she decided, she could at least try to take advantage of the situation.

"You know Spider-Man, right?" she asked lightly, using every ounce of her acting skills.

"Oh, the guy's ass is just–" started the mercenary, excitement is his voice.

"Glad to hear that," scoffed MJ, then slowly moved, let the man look at Peter's still body. "He's here. Injured. I can't take him to the hospital, I hope you could–"

"Whoa, whoa, sweetie, you're saying what?" he asked incredulously.

"Spider-Man. Injured. Here. Needs help."

Deadpool just stood there for a moment. For a long moment.
He hadn't expected this outcome, when he first wake up that day. Hell, he hadn't expected anything, when he saw a girl crying over a body in the middle of the afternoon.

And fucking Spider-Man?

The dude wasn't exactly his friend, but they had their moments. They even ate tacos together once, on his favourite rooftop.

He hadn't seen the guy's face though. Didn't know him. Deadpool showed his face countless times, when they met accidently after Spidey's patrol. Well, accidently

"You have his mask?" he asked so calmly, that MJ almost jumped out of surprise.

"He doesn't have a bag, so I guess his suit isn't–" she looked around them frantically. "Wait, why?"

"I don't know Spidey outside the suit. I kinda wanna respect–"

"Yeah, sure, like you are famous for respecting things."

Deadpool decided on the spot right there, that he liked the girl. He reminded himself, he would ask about her, when Spidey's okay.

He pulled his mask off and quickly tossed it to the girl. "Use this."