9 Lost keys and ketchup chaos

Start from the beginning

Brian originally promised me that there would be twenty-four/seven service if I ever needed anything. Yep, it was right before I signed the contract for my apartment before moving in.

"Fucking liar," I cursed.

My mouth was a machine gun firing explosives as I tried to climb back into my apartment. After my failed Spiderman attempt to get back into my apartment through the window, I decided to call Maddy. I managed to twist her arm into letting me sleep in her room.

Honestly, she was my savior who stopped my evening from turning into a cluster-fucked mob of chaos spearheaded for a deep descent down the cliffs of doom.

The disaster started when I fell asleep in the afternoon while watching the cricket, a popular Australian sport, on TV.

Here's a piece of advice to anyone preparing for a first date: do not watch the cricket beforehand.

I repeat: Do. Not. Watch. The. Cricket. You will fall asleep.

By the time I woke up, I had less than thirty minutes to shower, shave (legs and armpits), pluck my eyebrows, pick an outfit, apply makeup, dry and style my hair, roll on some deodorant, and find a versatile pair of shoes that would work for both a football game and possibly a club afterward.

Phew, that was hard work! So, it was no surprise that I forgot my keys.

Twenty minutes late(r)

"Hey Sven, I'm so sorry I'm late," I gushed breathlessly as I flicked wisps of runaway hair sticking on my crimson face, due to the sweltering Brisbane heat.

"I'm glad you called, otherwise I would have left," Mr. Assertive answered, as two angelic dimples emerged from his honest smile. He swung a tan leather jacket over his right shoulder and his left hand was in his jeans pocket, thumb sticking out.

I admired Sven's confidence and directness when he spoke; I instantly knew there were no games with this guy.

"I need to stay over with you at Jonas and Maddy's place tonight. It's a long story about some keys I left in my apartment," I admitted.

Sven raised his left eyebrow at me, and in return, I raised both eyebrows while shrugging my shoulders.

His quizzical look slowly evaporated, followed by the emergence of a sly smile.

"Damn, Eva, you look so pretty," he complimented me, while wearing his big grin.

"Thanks," I blubbered, straightening my blush-pink off-the-shoulder top, which matched well with my skintight jeans and a pair of caramel suede boots.

I pinned my hair back on the left side and let the other side fall into natural waves. My makeup was perfected thanks to MAC for a flawless foundation finish and a rosy blush, Maybelline for the endless lashes, and Lipstick Queen's Frog Prince for lips that don't stain.