17 Social stigmas

Mood: tap the media box above to listen to You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift.

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

— William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Friday morning, one week later.

After spending the past week in Abu Dhabi with one of Hudson Engineering's major clients, Castello Consolidated Industries (CCI), I was jet-lagged and tired.

Earlier in the week at CCI's main auditorium, I presented the company's latest well integrity technology that aimed to reduce environmental risks and minimize non-productive time for jobs performed on the rigs.

Of course, I didn't do this alone—I took Elise Blatt, one of Hudson's chief engineers responsible for this new technology, to answer the in-depth technical questions from CCI's engineers after the presentation was finished.

It was also an opportunity for Elise to really shine during a meeting later in the week, where she engaged directly with the client on trialing her work on selected oil fields.

It was our teamwork that contributed to securing bigger projects with CCI later down the track, elevating Elise's position at Hudson Engineering.

One of the important things I learned in my career was the importance of women supporting women in the workforce. It did far more good than the contrary.

As the plane landed, I switched off the fly mode on my phone, waiting for messages to come through.

Ping!

Maddy BFF: R u back yet? I miss u, babe. Coming to the Koala Bar tonight? ❤️

Eva <3 : Aww, I miss u too, hun. Sure. What time?

Maddy BFF: 8pm?

Eva <3 : Cool. C u there. 😘

Ping!

Sven Handsome: Babe, I can't wait to see you. How was your flight?

Sexy Lady: I've got a stiff neck. The plane landed. I'll catch a cab home.

Sven Handsome: I'll see you soon. 😍

Sexy Lady:  Aren't you supposed to be at uni?

Sven Handsome: Yes. 😉

Ping!

Mary Work: Are you coming into work today?

Crazy #bosswoman: I've got the day off. Is everything okay?

Mary Work: I just need your approval for the seats for the Brisbane Corporate Ball.

Crazy #bosswoman: I emailed you with the approval last night. Add a plus one for me, though.