It took a second before I could comprehend what he just spit out. My eyebrows shot up in surprise and I couldn't help the jealousy that rose up in my mist of hallow shadow. She. Who's she? But Elijah didn't seem to care to explain himself as he kept spatting words on my face.

"Your slutty behavior only increases my assumption of you. Fucking disgusting who- "

I laughed humorlessly, silencing him from disrespecting me. "You must be kidding me! You asked me to strip and I did, knowing full well that you won't take a no for an answer. So, don't you dare calling me a whore, Elijah. Last time I checked I wasn't the one cheating just a few hours after we got married. Yeah?"

"I did tell you to strip. But I don't recall telling you to whore yourself out on me, now, did I?" He seethed, obvious that he was furious at my outburst. He was short tempered, I noticed. So, unlike him.

Because I needed to experiment, Elijah Pierce, and protect myself from death. I bit my tongue and kept my newfound weapon for myself. Elijah's every edge hardened, and I was sure that he would rather die than stay close to me, but like me, he kept himself composed, hiding his weakness. Too. Fucking. Late.

I glared up at him. "Why do you want me naked exactly?"

He let go of my wrists harshly, as if my skin was heated and the fire would burn him alive, and stepped back until we weren't invading each other's personal space. I caught a glance at his shoulders as they sank down in relaxation.

"Because," he began, a dangerous glint crossed his face as his glance shimmered down my body before settling back to my eyes. I forced myself to not look away from him. "I'd love to see the bruises that will soon imprint themselves on your body."

"Are you saying that you'll violate my body? Me?" My voice simmered with both fear and rage.

He shrugged nonchalantly and when he replied, I felt like the Devil himself spoke from hell. "Something like that."

"If you dare to lay a hand on me, I swear I'll put you in jail for the rest of your goddamn life." I warned him, although from the blank look on his face, he didn't seem the least threatened.

"Trust me, the second I see your lifeless and bruised body before my feet, prison will be worth it."

The image that flashed through my eyes was atrocious. I saw myself incapacitated and robbed from my life slowly, suffocating me from air. A hot and messy chaos loomed over me and it took a few seconds to ease myself to calmness. Gulping tightly, I gave him an icy glare and ignored the chilly words that slipped from his mouth. "Like I said, I'd like to take a shower. So, if you'll excuse me- "

"You're not excused." He growled, sounding irritated at my ignorant attitude. To my surprise he marched towards me and took a sharp hold of my elbow. I winced at the harshness, my skin bruised easily, it was something I disliked about my body. From the inside I panicked, and from the outside I tried to fight against him as he roughly led me down the hall, passing through all the open doors until we made it to a staircase. My eyes darkened with fear. And in that split second, Elijah captured my fear and responded with a silent yet dangerous smirk.

And just like that, he dragged me to the basement.

As if he had memorized the model of the house, Elijah led me through the dark, opening a door I hadn't seen before when we'd visited. The door led to another dark hallway. I took a peak at Elijah's murderous face – did he build this part of the house? When? How? The deeper we went, the colder the air became. Shivers rose over the surface of my skin; my feet touched the cold concrete and I felt my body going numb and stiff from cold. I didn't have phobia for anything, but I was slowly developing one for small spaces.