22| Can I have This Dance?

Começar do início

"Son of a bitch", he whispered while trying to stand up. It was no use because he was pushed back down by Chris.

"If you don't want us to go to the police with this evidence you leave all of us alone and keep the scandal a secret. You turned something that wasn't dramatic into something overly dramatic. Everybody their own way. You back to yours we back to ours. We forget each other and that this ever happened. It's up to you if you want to continue this shit up. But know that if you make one wrong movement, we'll involve the police in this. You turned your own game in which you were the player, to a game where you are now the victim. It's up to you buddy", Chris said inching closer to his face. "You make the decision."

"Douchy people", he said pushing Chris off of him. He stood up and cleaned his shirt and pants, looking at each of us. "You people are sick", he spat, pointing at all of us.

"Last time I checked you were the sick one. Threatening my sister like that", Felix spat back. "You leave and keep it to yourself or you stay bothering and you will probably end up in jail, for real this time."

"It's because of people like you that other people's company sales go down. Thinking you are the best", he said with anger in his eyes. "I'm done with all of you and I swear if the footage leaks I won't hesitate on bringing all of you down", he said before turning around and leaving us, let's hope, forever.

We watched him leave and before I knew it I was being pulled in Felix' chest. "What was that for?" I asked.

"Does this mean I'll have no more grumpy, sad Luna in house?" he said.

I snickered before pulling away. "Yes, probably."

After Felix went to get the car Chris came to me and hugged me. "Does this mean that you are not pushing me away anymore?"

I slapped his chest lightly. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's alright, I understand", he said as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"Hey lovebirds", Felix said from the window as he came with the car,"I'm hungry, let's go."

We walked to the car and suddenly I remembered Tiffany. I should go talk with her. "Felix, could you drop me off at Tiffany's? I owe her an explanation and apology."

"Sure." Felix said before dropping me off at Tiffany's place.

I rung the bell already feeling my hands get clammy because I was so nervous. I jumped lightly when the door was suddenly opened by Tiffany.

"Luna?" She said with a confused look. "What are you doing here."

"Tiff", I said, playing with my nails,"I came by to talk with you."

She didn't say anything and just looked at me. "Can we talk inside?", I asked.

"Sure, come in", she said in a low tone opening the door wider for me to walk in.

We walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. "I'm listening", she said.

"First of all, I wanted to apologise. I wasn't the greatest friend for the past few weeks and I am so sorry about that. But I can explain all of it. But I understand if you're still mad at me after this", I said looking in her eyes, sadness filled in them. "It all started when I found out my dad cheated on my mom. That really was a shock for me. I didn't know how to act anymore around people. I didn't want my mom to struggle so me and Felix tried to keep up the mood. We made her breakfast but we were missing a few things so I went to the supermarket. But when I walked out of there, I bumped into Darren."

"Darren?!" Tiffany asked shockingly. "Luna please tell me you ran."

"I- I couldn't. He took me and pulled me to a place where no one could see us and started threatening me. He wanted me to break up with Chris, go to him an give him money. I didn't want to but then he started to threaten me with spreading my dad's scandal. He was there when I found out and used it against me. I was scared Tiff. I didn't know what to do. He told me that if I made one wrong movement he would mess up our company's reputation. I just felt like I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat and even worst I didn't want to see anyone. I did as he told and took my distance from Chris only leading to me being emotionally unstable", I said looking down.