7. Yeah... Yeah I did, it's too pretty to throw away

Nina’s P.O.V.

“If you want me to stay, I’ll stay?” I said.

“No, you should go Nina, I’m also a bit tired so I’ll just be sleeping.”

I knew that I shouldn’t push her into things she didn’t want, those things need time. I nodded and tucked her in, gave her a forehead kiss and left. As soon as I walked out of the room I picked my phone and dialed Ian’s number. It let it rang a few times before I heard his handsome voice say “Hi” it was one of his soft hi’s, the ones he would say in the mornings or after he would have shouted all day at set for his scenes.

“Hey, can we meet?” I asked      

“Yeah that would be nice.” He said back, gosh I could go on about his voice forever, it was killing me not the be with him not even as a friend after the fight we didn’t really talk anymore and I don’t know about him but a little longer and I would have died.

We decided to meet up at his place around 8 pm which for now it was 7 pm. I felt bad for leaving Finleigh there but she could use so rest and not to get disturbed by me. I drove home, got a nice welcome by my lovely animals. I made some food put that down in separate rooms otherwise they would have ate each other’s food. I made my way to the dressing room. It was pretty empty if the closets doors were closed. The walls were painted white and there was a wooden floor. There was nothing hanging on the walls except this one picture of me and Ian kissing. I just didn’t had the braveries to take it off the wall and throw it away. I opened my closet and picked out this skinny black jeans with my boots that came just above my ankle. For my top: I choose for a light white top with my leather black jacket above, I didn’t bother looking for accessories. My make-up was light just some foundation, a bit of eye shadow and a light red lipstick. I grabbed the keys of the table once again I made my way to the car.  

I opened the door of my car and just when I closed the door. Was when it started raining, I didn’t really mind though. I started the car and with starting it came the radio on also “That’s enough for now” by The Fray came on. I just love all their songs, it are all little masterpieces each one of them. The drive to Ian’s house was short but just long enough to not die a little more, the closer I came to his house the more often my heart started beating. When I pulled on the drive way was when it sort of stopped raining. Maybe the gods thought that this situation could use a bit sunshine and perhaps a rainbow. It made me look up as soon as I came out of the car and closed the door. I didn’t even notice Ian saying my name multiple times. I was just once again stunned by the nature.

“Nina, you’re alright?” questioned the man who could make every single time again, everything alright. These were likewise the words that got me back to reality.

“Yeah, Yeah just…”

“Stunned?” he stole my words again.

“You keep doing it Smolder, stealing my words?” I joked, he knew by himself that he did this but just never could have stopped it. He was like this, it is his personality.

He scratched his back and looked a bit sad to me. “I know I’m sorry,” there was a short break before he finished his sentence. “For… Everything Neens” He kept his eyes locked to the ground like he was too scared to look me in the eye and tell me but I couldn’t blame him. I was doing the same thing. I decided it was time, I looked up and made a little fast run over to him, he didn’t assume I would do it. That was for sure. You could feel the surprise in the way he placed his arms around me. It wasn’t one of those short hugs like when you first saw each other in the morning, it was one of those when you came back from a really long trip and you realized you were back united with your loved one.

It took a good solid hour we had talked the whole thing out, all the troubles and the jealousy and all the rest you can think off.

“You want to stay,” he asked. “ I can make my special dish.” He told me, like he actually needed to convince me.

“Sure.” I smirked. I started laying the table while he cooked. “Ian, you have candles?” I asked him.

“Top drawer, Neens.” He responded after a good second of thinking. “Okaaayyy” I said while turning around. I opened the drawer and the first thing that caught my eye was the picture we made in Italy. I picked it up and held it up “you kept this?” I asked.

He turned around and smiled awkwardly. “Yeah… Yeah I did, it is too pretty to throw away.” “It is.” I said with a quit voice, like I was trying to convince myself for some reason. “

“And finished.” Ian said as he put my plate with spaghetti in front of me. “Made with love just for you.” He said smiling. We enjoyed our meal mostly with no talking or just small talking but you know what they say if your quit it must be good. When we finished eating I offered helping Ian with cleaning which he first told me not, but I kept telling I would help. We were doing the dishes when he started talking.

“So what are you going to do with Finleigh?” He asked me.

“ I have honestly no idea, well I’m picking her up in the hospital tomorrow and then I’ll take her to my place but for the rest I have no idea like really nothing.”

“Ever thought about adopting her?” He said.

“I did but I don’t know, I’m still young and she wouldn’t want that.”

“But isn’t the child’s healed more important than she wanting that?”

“ Of course but if I’ll tell her she has to, she will never in a million years want that.”

“I think I’m going home now, the dishes are done and I still have to make her room a bit ready so.” I said kind of sad, this was such an amazing night but it was getting late and I had to be up early tomorrow.

“Ooh, okay…”  He was thinking for more words but seemed to not be able of finding them. “How about I’ll drive you?” Was his comeback and, damn right I was happy about that comeback.

“Yeah I’ll just grab my coat.” I said and run to the dresser.

The car ride was fun, music on singing along no awkwardness. I think in the whole ride he looked at me at least 6 times to see if I was doing okay.

We reached the my house. He stopped the car and opened my door. He watched my get out and led me to the front door. I opened the door and stepped inside. Hoping he would kiss me goodnight but unfortunately he didn’t. I laid my keys on the table in my hall and looked in the mirror for a second before my doorbell went off.

“I forgot something.” Was everything he said and everything he needed to say,  

This day couldn’t get any better.

He kissed me, he kissed me goodnight.

Okay finally update, I’m sorry but school and I know that a lame excuse but pff yeah... So I hope you liked it in the next chapter I’ll keep writing in Nina's P.O.V. because yeah she isn't with Finleigh yet.

For a next chapter:

8 votes

4 comments

2 new followers

I love you guys until the end of the rainbow <3 !!!