The Death Of Izuku Midoriya

"Can someone without a quirk become a hero?" Asked Izuku Midoriya.

Currently he was speaking to All Might, the number one hero as well as his idol, on the rooftop of a building after All Might saved him from dying at the hands of a deadly sludge villain. Izuku was asking these questions because unlike most of the world population he had been born quirkless. Though it was quite rare in today's society it did happen, and what happened next was even worse. Quirkless people were often subjected to prejudice and bullying from society as they are deemed weak, worthless and were easy targets for villains because they can't fight back. In relation to being a hero there had never been a quirkless one before so Izuku was wondering if it was possible.

"I don't think its possible kid," replied All Might in flat tone. Izuku's heart shattered.

"Pros put their lives on the line each day. So I can't honestly say that being a hero without a quirk is possible." Izuku felt a sudden pain in his chest upon hearing this.

"I see," he said while trying not to show the pain he was going through.

"If you care about saving people then become a cop. Sure it's a job that's ridiculed for being on the receiving end for captured villains but no less admirable." All Might said before turning to leave. "It's not wrong to dream. Just make sure its achievable." He finished before leaving down the stairs.

When he was gone Izuku collapsed and started crying hysterically. No one believed in him. No one believed he could become a hero, not even his own mother. His classmates, especially Katsuki Bakugo, his childhood friend and primary bully who often assaulted Izuku to boost his ego. He even gave him the nickname Deku which meant worthless.

Memories of all the torment he'd endured suddenly came flooding back.

"You quirkless piece of shit."

"As if someone like you could ever become a hero, you're completely useless Deku."

"Why does he even try, a quirkless person can never hope to do anything meaningful in this world."

One particular memory came back to him, one from earlier that day. Kacchan had just destroyed his notebook on quirk analysis which described the quirks of other heroes.

As he was leaving he, with a smug smile, told Izuku, "You know there is one way for you to get a quirk. Just take a dive off the roof and pray you'll be rebom with useful one."

Coming back to reality Izuku felt truly broken, he no longer wanted to be a part of this world, he didn't want to exist at all. He just wanted his pain to end. It was then he realised that no one would actually care if he died, well except his mother who loved him unconditionally. It was with that, that he decided to take Kacchan's advice.

"I'll wait until tonight," Izuku thought. "Before I do this I'd like to say goodbye to her."

Izuku took out his burnt notebook, the same one Kacchan destroyed today, and threw it off the roof. He wouldn't be needing it anymore.

From beneath the building a single figure walked around without a destination, with his hands behind his head, he suddenly caught sight of something as he snatched it mid air from avoid getting smacked in the face by what appeared to be a notebook.

Skimming through it, his red eyes stared at it passively before looking up, just in time to catch a glimpse of Izuku.

Izuku took a quick route home to avoid Kacchan and his friends. He heard some sort of commotion going on in the city but paid no attention to it as it wasn't his problem.