Chapter 6-Confusion

A/N: I have finally updated another chapter in this story!!! Here it is. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: This story takes place after Flashback. Although the characters belong to Shannon Messenger, the plot belongs to me.

Summary: Fitz broke up with Sophie after he realizes that he has feelings for Linh. Sophie is trying to find out her mixed up emotions. Keefe is trying to tell Sophie how he feels... There are a lot of ships including Finh, Tamiana, Sokeefe, and more. And...another member of the Collective is revealed.

The next day at school, Marcus beckons for me to sit with him at lunch. I look at all of my table mates, sorry for leaving them. They just all say, "Go!"

I sit with Marcus and his friends during lunch. It's kind of awkward because I don't really know them, but I enjoy eating with Marcus. Apparently everyone knows that we're "together", but I don't know how to feel about that.

I also think about Keefe. How he kissed me. I feel pretty bad, but I don't know what to do. Speaking of Keefe, over the intercom, Keefe gets called to Magnate Leto's office. He immediately goes to the office and doesn't come back.

The rest of the day passes without much commotion. Keefe still hasn't come out of the office, so I go there after school. The door is closed to the office, so I wait patiently outside. After like, 2 hours, Keefe walks out.

"Keefe!" I yell.

He looks surprised to see me. "Hey, Foster. What's up?"

"You don't get to 'what's up' me!" I say. "I've been waiting forever!"

"You didn't have to do that." Keefe looks down.

"What was going on?" I say. "You've been in there since lunch!"

"Nothing important." Keefe says.

"It has to be important, because you missed half of the day!" I press.

"Ugh! Just stop it!" Keefe yells. "Isn't it clear that I don't want to tell you? Please, just leave me alone!"

I just stare at him. Keefe has never, ever gotten this mad at me. He's always been the one I can count on to be there for me.

"Keefe..." I start.

Keefe leaps away before I can finish speaking.