Prologue

A mischievous smile graced her crimson full lips. She chuckled and my stomach lurched inside me. "You are really interesting, Aiden Roberts."

I chuckled, my breath fogged up in the cold. "I'm flattered but I didn't really come here to gain an interest from a demon." My lips arched, matching my unnecessary sense of humor.

I looked back at her but she wasn't there anymore. The sky was hauntingly clear and the wind chilled me to the bones. It was almost comical, eery night for this kind of thing, huh.

For a moment I thought that she was gone for good, until I felt a chilling presence behind me. I resisted the urge to shiver from the uncomfortable feeling.

I turned around and she was already a few meters away from me, enough to make me jump out of my skin. "Shit!" I cursed, which just earned me a mocking smile from the bitch.

"Okay, you know what? I'm done. It was stupid of me to do something like this hoping it will change anything."

"Oh? You're backing out?" She raised her eyebrows in fake concern, crossing her arms across her chest making her cleavage bunch up. It was anything but titillating. "You're just gonna leave Alexis just the way she is, then?"

An unknown force rose inside me and I actually wanted to punch a girl. I fisted my hands until the blood couldn't circulate to my knuckles. "Don't you talk about her with your filthy mouth."

"Filthy, huh?" She walked towards the edge of the road where bushes were patterned with blood red. Her pale hands reached out for the poor roses. "You see, I know why you're here, Aiden. I know that you're dying inside, I can see it in your eyes." She plucked one rose and smelled it, her pointy nose slightly touching the petals. Her voice was low as though trying to be sad but she couldn't, the bitch couldn't sympathize even if it would save her life.

"Shut up," I snapped, "you don't know anything." My jaw tensed and my fists clenched but I willed myself to remain calm.

"Yes, I do." She said, not meeting my eyes and still smelling the rose. "I know that you're sister is dead and I know what you're trying to do." She looked at me with playful eyes and I shuddered.

"You want me to resurrect her."