First Summoning

First Summoning

Aeon POV

He was watching the younger trainees work on their sword drills in the practice yard. They were no older than 10 or 11 but they were training for battle. The drillmaster Samuel walked between them correcting small errors in technique. He was about to help him when his COMS began to heat up in his pocket.

"Aeon here," his voice was calm, "Report."

"Aeon, I need your help," Mira's voice came over the COMS, "Gather a group of twenty men and meet me in the teleporter room."

"Yes Milady," he replied, "I'm on my way."

He gathered their twenty best fighters and met Mira in the teleporter room. He was wearing his armor, similar to Mira's but silver in color and with a blue undercoat and cape. He stepped into the room and his breath caught.

She wore her armor, with her long black hair pulled into a ponytail and her helmet under her arm. Her gold-green eyes shone with determination and he was momentarily stunned by her unearthly beauty.

He shook himself internally. She was his commander for crying out loud! He didn't have time for this!

"Where are we going Milady?" he asked her, glad his voice didn't betray him.

"To Lina," she said pulling out her COMS, "listen to this."

"Boss," Lina sounded strained, "We've got a problem. The elves caught us off guard in the night. We managed to get away, but they have our horses and Aki is out cold. I'm wounded and I don't know how much longer I can avoid their patrols. We need backup, ASAP."

She put the stone on the locator pad. A healer stepped quietly into the room.

"We'll use the link with Lina's COMS to locate her," she explained.

She stepped onto the teleporter pad and gestured for them to do the same. They obliged and the pad activated.

We were standing in an empty field, and for a moment Aeon thought that they'd made a mistake. But his doubts were destroyed when Lina's cry rang across the field.

They ran in the direction of the scream only to see Lina lying down in the grass with an elf standing over her, his sword poised to kill. Aeon rushed forward and as the blade began to descend, there was a clang of metal on metal. The elf stumbled back and saw Aeon, blade held low, standing over Lina.

The man cried for backup, and engaged Aeon in battle. With a war cry the twenty fighters rushed forward to fight the elven reinforcements. They were badly outnumbered, and Lina needed to be treated at once. It was a bad situation, and Aeon couldn't see any way out of it. He dispatched his opponent and turned just in time to see one of the elves headed for Mira, sword raised.

"Milady," cried Aeon, "Watch out!"

She didn't reply, only focused on the task it semmed she had set herself. The elf faltered, there was a massive amount of magic flowing from Mira's body. Had he continued then he could have stopped her, but he didn't.

"I call upon the familiar of the Spirit of Wind," she muttered gseturing with her fingers, "I summon thee. Come Ventus!"

The creature that appeared was massive, 8 feet tall or so, with a whirlwind instead of legs. It's upper body was human, but it's head was that of an eagle, and it had large hands with foot long cuved claws.

The creature, Ventus, roared. It raised it's hand and split the charging soldier in half with one of its horrible claws.

"If you value your lives you will leave this place at once," Mira cried in a booming voice, "You will return to your camp and you will tell no one other than you queen what has occured here. If you do," she paused letting her gaze sweep over the assembled elves, "I will presonally hunt you down and kill you all as slowly and painfully as possible."

The elves retreated and Mira lokked at the creature standing behind her.

"Thank you, Ventus," she said, "You can rest now."

The creature dissapeared and Mira walked over to Lina. They spoke quietly for a moment and Mira nodded. She stood and started to give orders. The men saluted her and the group vanished. She turned to Aeon.

"Aeon," she said quietly, "Let's go get my brother."

"Yes, Mira," he said, "I'm sure he's waiting."

They retrieved Aki and teleproted back to base. Aki was whisked off to the medical wing, and Mira turned to Aeon again.

"Shall we delve into the mountain of paperwork waiting for us?" she asked him.

"Let's go, Milady," he replied, "We have much to discuss."