14.

The few hours they spent driving around town, picking up groceries and bathroom untensils, Harry and Louis took turns sitting behind the wheel. Louis wound up falling asleep and Harry continued the rest of the drive to the airport. He pulled into the parking lot and put the car in park. The envelope he had tucked away in his jacket was now laying in his lap.

He took it in his hand and opened the flap. Inside, he saw everything that was ahead of him. His future. This envelope would help him escape from Louis' mistake. Even though he never wanted to get Harry in trouble he was sure that they would be caught eventually if they stuck around any longer.

Harry put the package away and turned to Louis. "Hey," he shook Louis' arm. "Wake up, Lou." Louis opened his eyes slowly and sat up in his chair.

"Are we here yet?"

"We're at the airport. The hotel we're staying at is in walking distance." Louis watched as Harry climbed out of the car and shut the door behind him. He followed behind him and slowly shut his door. He looked back at the car as Harry was almost five or six feet ahead.

"The car is staying there. We don't need the cops tailing my car now, do we?"

Louis shook his head. "Good." Harry took him by the hand and pulled him across the lot and towards the hotel. It wasn't as extravagent as the one Harry had stayed at previously, but it was a hotel just the same.

The inside was full of travelers with all of their baggage and suitcases waiting for flights in a much more comforting setting. Harry and Louis both went up to the front desk, with Harry nearly pinning Louis to his side.

"Welcome to the Marriot. How can I help you?" The woman behind the desk had to be about their age, or maybe even a little older. She had violet eyes and light blonde hair.

"We just need a room for a few hours until our flight." Harry smiled politely at the girl, then at Louis, and then back to her. She smiled back as she looked at the two of them.

She typed a few keys into the computer and pulled up a new list. "Will you be needing one or two beds? I have one room with a king and pullout sofa. Whatever fits your interests."

The couch. The couch. The couch! Louis wanted to jump in and take charge. He was still scared to be with Harry but he stayed because there might've been a way to get out of it. "We'll take the one bed please."

She tapped more keys and pulled up a grand total. "Cash or charge?"

Harry dug into his pocket and pulled out a few bills. Louis looked at the bills to see the total. It was almost $300. Louis rolled his eyes when Harry took hold of his hand again along with the key to the room. "Thank you."

He pulled Louis to his side and they took the stairs to the second floor. Louis tried to pry himself from Harry's grip, but failed as the tightness around his wrist grew stronger. Harry was looking straight forward, not showing a hint of emotion on his face.

Why did he have to look so angry, Louis thought. And then it struck him. Oh yeah, I called the cops on him.

"Shouldn't we get everything from the car? All of your stuff is in there."

"I'll get everything after you've fallen asleep." They stopped in front of their room. Harry put the card into the slot and waited for the door to open. "In," he said pushing Louis slowly into the room.

There was a desk against the wall that faced the king sized bed. A television stand next to that, and the bathroom was to the far right of the bedroom. Louis plopped down on the bed while Harry walked around and opened every drawer or cupboard. Then he began to undress.

Louis watched as he had done the night that he invited Harry to stay with him. Harry shed his coat and hung it up in the small closet off the bathroom. He was still in his black jeans and tight shirt. Only Louis wished that he'd stripped down to his underwear so he could see all of the ink hiding underneath the fabric shield.

Harry sat down on the bed next to him. He rubbed Louis forehead and left feather light strokes over his face. Louis closed his eyes and listened to the soft hum of both of them breathing. "Just rest and I'll go and get our things." Harry patted Louis' knee and rolled off the bed.

Louis watched him go to the door and almost wept as he closed it behind him. Afraid that he wouldn't come back and leave him here stranded. He tossed around in the bed looking for a comfotable spot and position. Nothing was working. He turned off the light and clicked the tv on. Perhaps the noise would give him comfort.

Harry had barely made it out to the parking lot when he saw the light in their room burn out. Louis must've gone to sleep. He popped open the trunk and took his and Louis' bags out along with his paintings. Another suitcase was in the back that was big enough to carry his work and whatever else he needed.

He carried the luggage back to the hotel and into the room. Louis was sound asleep on the bed with the tv playing softly. Seeing the image of Louis sleeping made Harry smile. He wanted him to be happy and sound like this all the time.

The luggage was on the floor in front of the bed waiting to be hauled onto the next plane to Vegas. It was all ready. Harry had purchased the tickets earlier while they had been driving so they wouldn't have to wait to buy them in the crowded airport.

After settling down, the clock on the nightstand glowed 9:00. The flight wasn't unitl five in the morning, so he'd have time to get some sleep in before their journey. Harry kicked off his shoes and crawled underneath the covers. Louis was laying on top of them so it was harder to get more warmth. But he didn't mind, since he was just glad that Louis was here by his side.