Chapter 2: Gene Can't Know

I walked up to our table and sat my books down and grabbed my lunch out of my book bag. Everything seemed alright at lunch, like normal. No one bothers us at lunch. Everyone does their own thing. Until June and her 'girlfriends' come over to our table.
"What's the little losers doing?" June demands.
"Nothing, just eating." I reply.
"You dare back talk me?!" June's sassy voice gets me annoyed.
'Is she for real?' I say in my head.
"Can't you just leave us alone, June?" Plague asks.
"You know what, give me your lunch." She demands again. Me and Plague looked at each other in fear and worry. I started to hug my lunch near me where June couldn't get it. Then as I look away, Angelica snatches it out of my arms.
"Hey!" I yelled. "Give me my lunch back, Angelica!"
"Nah uh. This is mine." She said.
Suddenly, Gene came out of no where.
"Ladies?" Gene said. The girls turned to see Gene.
"G-Gene!" June stuttered in shock.
"June... What are you doing messing with these girls?" He said calmly.
"Why can't we?" Diana came in with annoyance.
"Because, what did they do to you? Give Val her lunch back and go back to your table."
"Of course, Genie!" June said with delight. Angelica roughly gave back my lunch and walked off with the others. Gene came up to my face.
"If they ever bother you again, tell me, okay?" He said softly.
"O-Okay!" I murmured. Gene went back to his table and I started daydreaming. Plague sat there staring at me with a lenny face.
"Someone has a crush~!" She said with excitement.
"I do not!"
"Anyways, the plan?"
"Ah! Yes, the plan." I looked through my book bag for the papers but, they weren't in there.
"Plague..." I said slowly with fear.
"What's wrong, Val?"
"The papers aren't in here. I put them in here before I came to lunch!"
"Did you set them down somewhere?"
"No I didn't. I kept them in my book bag!"
"We gotta finds them before June or Gene gets them!" Plague demanded. I stared at Gene's table at Gene.
"Plague... I think we're to late..."
Plague and I looked at Gene. The papers were in his back pockets, ready to be read.

👋👋