Chapter 42: An Unwanted Visitor

Start from the beginning

Makarov: the sooner you hear him out the sooner he'll be out of your hair.

He had a point. If I just got this over with he'd be gone.

(Y/n): fine.

Lyric: phew, great let's get going.

He ran to the door with gusto and I followed

Erza: hold on.

I turned to Erza she requiped 1 of her sword and tossed it to me.

Erza: be careful.

I nodded and walked outside with Lyric.

Lyric: man, she really cares about you, huh?

(Y/n): I didn't come out here with you to have small talk. I don't wanna look at your stupid face longer than I have to, so just tell me what you wanted to say and leave.

Lyric: ok ok. Walk with me.

We started walking through the city.

(Y/n): so what did you want to tell me?

Lyric: *sigh* something catastrophic is gonna be happening soon. I wanted to warn you before it was too late.

(Y/n): are you planning to tell me what it is or are you just gonna keep me in suspense?

Lyric: dragons. Tons of dragons are gonna attack Fiore on the night of the dragon king festival.

I put my hand to my forehead.

(Y/n): ok, let's assume that your telling the truth. How exactly do you know that.

Lyric: my eye showed me.

I raised an eyebrow.

Lyric: I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

(Y/n): oh yeah? Prove it.

He sighed again and took off his eye patch. He opened his right and I saw that his iris and pupil were a bright orange color as apposed to the deep blue color of the left one.

(Y/n): so you have heterochromia. That still doesn't explain how you know that dragons are gonna attack Fiore.

Lyric: ok, let me explain. This eye is a different color because whenever I open it, I'm able to see the future. That's why I wear an eye patch over it.

(Y/n): do you real expect me to believe that?

Lyric: oh come on! What can I do to make you believe me?!

(Y/n): hm, I don't know. Maybe you can start with making up for 19 years you weren't there for me. Just how long have you known where I was?

Lyric: um, what's 3 plus 7?

(Y/n): YOU KNEW WHERE I WAS FOR 10 YEAR?!

Lyric: um, yeah.

(Y/n): so you knew that I was in Fairy Tail for 10 years and you didn't show yourself during that period of time?!

Lyric: look I know it sounds bad, but just give me a chance to explain.

(Y/n): NO, THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER! HOW COULD YOU NOT SHOW UP DURING ALL THOSE YEARS?! BUT THE FIRST TIME YOU SHOW YOUR FACE TO ME...WHAT DO YOU DO?! YOU BEAT THE EVERLIVING SHIT OUT OF ME!

Lyric: WOULD YOU JUST LISTEN?! I WANTED TO WAIT UNTIL YOU WERE READY! THAT'S WHY I GAVE YOU ALL THOSE CLUES!

His left eye turned a blood red color, but his orange one stayed the same.

Lyric: I WAS THE ONE WHO ASKED MYSTOGAN TO TELL YOU TO GO TO THAT OLD CABIN! I WAS THE ONE WHO FREED YOUR MIND FROM NIRVANA'S GRASP! I WAS THE ONE WHO SAVED YOUR ASS ON TENROU ISLAND! I WAS THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEEDED HELP! I ASKED THE GODS FOR THE POWER TO FIND YOU AND KILL WHOEVER STOLE YOU FROM ME, AND DOING SO PUT ME IN DEBT!

(Y/n): WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

He calmed down and his eye turned blue again.

Lyric: *sigh* when I asked for help from the ones above, I gained the power to find you and destroy anyone who got in my way, but there was a catch. Until the person who took you was killed, I could never truly die.

(Y/n): so you mean to tell that your immortal?

Lyric: yes! here I'll prove it, stab me right now, right through the heart.

(Y/n): ok, I've been waiting to do this all night.

I took the sword Erza gave me and plunged it right into Lyric's chest. He coughed up blood. A few seconds pasted and he was still breathing.

Lyric: see?

I took the sword out of his chest and watched in amazement as the wound closed up almost instantly.

(Y/n): ok, that's freaky!

Lyric: I know right? Anyway, I'm not asking for you to forgive me...

He reached into a satchel he had and pulled out a book with a leather cover and handed it to me.

Lyric: I just want you to listen.

I took the book and looked at him, confused.

(Y/n): what's this, your diary?

Lyric: IT'S A JOURNAL, and I wrote everything that happened to me since the day I left to find you inside.

He put his eye patch back on, turned around, and started walking away, but not before turning back to me.

Lyric: oh, 1 more thing. On the third day of the games, you need to participate in the event. Cana's gonna be WAY too drunk to do it.

I began walking back to the inn, looking at the journal in my hand. I walked inside and saw Natsu trying to swallow an entire watermelon.

(Y/n): AGAIN?!