chapter seven - "We tried, babe"

Start from the beginning

"Sorry about the mess" Sauli said quickly, rushing in front of me grabbing some boxes and pushing everything aside to make room. Finally, the couch eventually was uncovered and I sat down on it.

"So why'd you want to meet me?" I asked.

He ran a hand through his blond hair and sighed.

"Because I'm not doing so good. I've taken this whole breakup horribly" He said sitting down next to me.

"How do you look so fine? I'm literally falling apart and you look like the happiest person alive" He continued.

I didn't know what I was supposed to say. Do I tell him about Tommy or what?

"I- I- I'm sort of s-seeing-" I stuttered, why the fuck was I stuttering? It isn't that hard to say your seeing someone, geez Adam.

"Sort of seeing what?" Sauli questioned.

"imsortofseeingtommy" I said fast, really fast.

"Okay.." He said slowly "repeat again in English?" He laughed nervously

"I'm seeing Tommy" I sighed out. I don't know why I suddenly feel ashamed, but I feel like I've failed Sauli, I don't even know.

"Oh"

I look at him and saw sadness wash over his face.

My heart suddenly fell into my stomach at the sight of him right now. He looked so.. Broken.

I never realised how hard he must have been taking this breakup and now I've gone and made him feel ten times worse. I never wanted to hurt him, I only wanted to do what was right.

"Sauli, are you okay?" I whispered.

He looked at me and nodded his head forcing a smile but a sob managed to rip its way through and he looked down at the ground letting more escape.

"I just- I thought we'd get through everything" He spoke.

"We tried, babe. We just weren't meant to be" I said with sympathy.

He rubbed his eyes and wiped away the rest of his tears and sat up straight taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

"I know. My emotions are all over the place, it's crazy" He laughed.

I simply smiled back.

"I have to get to the studio soon so I better go" I said.

"Oh okay, I'll see you soon then?" I couldn't ignore the hope in his voice.

"Of course"

I got up off the couch and made my way towards the door. I turned back to Sauli and opened my arms, he walked towards me and accepted my hug, I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly.

" it'll be okay" I said quietly in his ear and them gave him kiss below it.

I pulled away and looked at him and unconsciously pressed my lips against his.

I was snapped back into reality when Sauli pushed me away and stared at him with wide eyes.

I realised what I just did and smacked my hand against my mouth.

"Shit- I'm sorry- ugh" I groaned. "It was automatic I didn't mean to!" I said urgently.

Sauli did not look happy with what I did.

"Just go Adam" He said harshly.

I stumbled out the door and bolted to my car and jumping in it without looking back. I switched on the engine and sped away.