5. My Happiness Starts With You

Felix pulled a wet wipe from the small packet of citrus scented wet wipes Seungmin had brought for him, grumbling under his breath about his stupid soulmate who had no other work then write on his arm all day long. Ugh.

"Uh," a voice snapped him out of his small problem, reminding him that he still was minding the desk. He pushed the wipe in the drawer, closing it shut as if the customer was able to see what was in it - not like it contained anything inappropriate to begin with. Definitely not!

Plastering a sweet smile, he pulled out the stamp and pen, "Yes, sorry. Got a bit distracted there."

Accepting the membership card from the girl, he scanned it, and then extended his arm for the book. "Is that all?" He asked, jerking his head towards the single book she had in her hand. She nodded confidently, handing the book over. He smiled at her and began to scan the book. It was David Baldacci's Last Mile. He had read it and now it occupies the top spot in his favourite books list.

He ignored the familiar tingling on his forearm, the tell-a-tale sign of his soulmate's shenanigans. Ugh, Felix has such an urge to shove his middle finger in his soulmate's face right now. Bitting his lips, he carries on, writing the serial number of the book on to the book card, trying to not mess it up because of a certain pest testing his patience.

He's about to stamp the date of borrowing and the due date on the card when the girl giggles, bright and fond. "Cute," she mumbles.

Felix looks up, and she shoots him a cheeky smile.

Pointing to his arm, she responds, still giggling, "That's a really cute one. Lame, I know, but I'd give it to them for the attempt," she says.

Felix feels his ears burn, desperately hoping to God that she wasn't refering to whatver was probably scribbled on his arm. He tries to slowly lower his arm into his lap instead. She laughs at that.

Taking the pen to sign, she still continues, "My soulmate is no different," she says, absolutely smitten, rolling her eyes fondly. "He looks like he'd break two of your bones just for breathing. But is a real softy, wants to cuddle up day in and day out. He's like puppy turned human."

The Australian smiles at that, eyes naturally crinkling. Listening to people talk about their soulmates is something Felix really likes, they always sound so exasperated, so in love and so happy, their eyes shine a little extra bright. It makes him feel all warm and fuzzy.

"He seems to make you really happy," he comments, noticing how her smile had brightened up when talking about her significant other.

Standing up straight and accepting the book, she chuckles, shaking her head. "Oh, he really does." Her smile softens, making Felix feel warm.  He finds himself smiling wider, wonders how they must have met.

She looks back at him. "Trust me, it wasn't like this from the get go, you know. Had to make several sacrifices and compromises. We used to be at each other's neck, and now it's just both of us making heart eyes at each other. I hope you meet yours soon. They seems like a sweet person. Someone who writes pick up line of those kind? It's hard to imagine them to be decked in leather jacket and sporting multitude of tattoos and piercings."

Felix feels his smile slip a little that and she is quick to react, her eyes widening. "Not saying someone like that is bad," she back paddles, "just saying they'd be a sweet, regardless."

Her phone buzzes, and her shoulders relax. "I wish you all the happiness this world has to offer." She pats his hand and takes her leave.

Felix chuckles at her words, shaking himself out of the dreamy daze.

If she only knew.

He stretches his arm for a better look at what his soulmate had done this time. He can never be not sure when it came to his soulmate.