Nicky Nichols- Hair (a)

"Yo Y/N..." The voice called out from the bathroom as you were walking past.

You walked into the steamy bathroom, oddly quiet at this time of day to see Nicky looking at you through a mirror's reflection, she was furiously brushing her hair.

"The fuck do you want Nichols?" You asked, strolling into the damp and puddled tiled floor.

"Great." You whispered to yourself under your breath. "The one day I forget my flip-flops." And then a bit louder. "Nichols if I get some nasty ass fungus again I'm gonna shank you while you sleep."

Nicky turned around with a look of determination on her face and her hair looking as wild as ever.

"Real fucking funny Y/N..." She returned to looking in the mirror. "You're good with hair... well... better with hair than most of the trailer trash around here and Sophia is nowhere to be seen so... congratulations, you're helping me."

"I don't know shit about hair... besides, why do you care about your hair so much today?"

"I just want my hair to look nice today, no reason." Her eyes slowly darted back and forth.

"Right... you just so want your hair to look not like shit on visitor's day?" She turned around holding the brush threateningly.

"Hey... My hair never looks like shit!"

"Yeah... of course it doesn't... you've got someone special coming aint you?"

"What the fuck?" Nicky sheepishly laughed. "I wish, I aint got someone special, never mind someone special coming."

"Yes you do, stop lying to me. Ooohhh, Nicky and her lover, sitting in a tree."

"Can you stop it and just tell me how to get my fucking hair to look normal?"

"Your hair does look fucking normal you asshole now hurry up, if were not at breakfast soon..."

Nicky interrupted.

"Yeah, I know, I know, the fucking eggs are cold and the whatever the fuck else they've decided to serve us today all becomes one mound of who fucking knows what."

"Exactly, you know it happens, so hurry your ass up so we can eat."

"Na... I think I'm just gonna stay and try to not look like shit. You go and eat."

"You know if you aren't out of here in 10 minutes you're gonna get a shot, and god fucking knows you don't want to get caught in here by yourself if Mendez is doing room checks. That guy gives me the fucking creeps."

~*~

Written by Aaron.