34. Avengers Assemble

Start from the beginning

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive." He greets them while the four surround him, so he would have no way of escaping his deserved death. "But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony states firmly.

"I'm thankful. Because now I know what I must do." Thanos stands up from his seat and puts on his helmet, pulling out his massive double-ended blade. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then, with the Stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

Thor and Eve ignite their electricity, both of their eyes and weapons glowing. Steve prepares his shield, getting into position. The fight is about to begin. "Born out of blood."

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them."

"Soon, neither will you." Eve spits in rage and with Thor's battle cry, they all attack the Mad Titan at the same time. Hammer, axe, shield and laser beam are launched at Thanos but he somehow manages to get away with nothing but a tiny scratch, his blade being more effective than they expected.

One of the sides is swung towards Eve's face and she just narrowly dodges the sharp blade, sliding beneath it and turning around to strike his chin with Mjölnir. The electricity reaches his face and Thanos groans in agony. Tony takes advantage of it and hits the Titan with a laser beam, but Thanos can block the attack with his blade while he kicks Eve brutally against a pile of fragments. Stormbreaker is flying towards Thanos' throat as the God of Thunder goes for the head but Thanos dodges and throws his head against Thor's, sending him to the ground. Steve's shield meets the back of the Titan's head sharply, but the owner is easily thrown off by the following blow of the blade.

With a groan, Eve gets up again and swings Mjölnir, running towards Thanos and leaping up in the air with glowing eyes. She lands back on the ground with a powerful electrical impulse, throwing Thanos off and he loses his balance. Tony then lands right next to her and the wings of his suit spread, opening up for Thor to charge.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Tony commands and as the electricity streams into his suit and he shoots laser beams at Thanos, Eve aims Mjölnir at him as well. Though Thanos just fights against the force until he reaches Tony, grabbing him and using him as a shield for Mjölnir.

Tony flies away, his body hitting brutally some fragments as his suit is still electrified. Eve witnesses how he passes out, her eyes widen. "Tony!!"

Summoning Mjölnir back, she lunges at Thanos with a war cry again, intending to drop the hammer on his head. Come on. Come on! If she leaves the mighty weapon on Thanos, he won't be able to get up anymore and then Thor can behead him again. But Thanos realizes what she plans and grabs her hand that's around Mjölnir's handle, using it like a doll to hit her temple with the hammer.

Eve lands with a loud thud on the ground and Mjölnir slips away, warm blood runs down the side of her face. Her eyes are squinted at the sudden dizziness and overwhelming pain, and her head is throbbing, she lies defeated on the ground. Thanos uses that to his advantage and manages to drive the edge of the sharp blade into her shoulder, making her scream in pain.

"Voltricity, huh?" Thanos says in amusement as he tries to drive the blade deeper into her flesh. Eve doesn't know that he knows her name through Nebula's recorded memories. "You cannot stop me. I win."

"Not... as long... as I'm still breathing." She hisses heavily and places her trembling hands on the blade, activating the nanotech to protect them from its sharpness. Struggling and panting, Eve attempts to push him away and to her luck, Thor helps her out.