mother

Kira, her mother and sister lived in an apartment.

Kira's sister Daisy had her own room and Kira slept with her mother.

One night Kira was awoken by a cold breeze. She found other side of the bed cold and the window open.

She thought maybe her mother had gone to bathroom. Kira closed the window and went back to sleep.

Big mistake.

When Kira felt someone next to her she knew it was her mother.
She put her arm around her mother, but she felt as cold as ice.

Kira thought maybe she went outside to smoke as it was winter, but minutes passed and her mother still felt as cold as ice. Kira decided removed her hand.

The morning Kira woke up. As she passed the bathroom she noticed something terrible. Her mother laying in a pool of  blood.

Tears sprung from Kira's eyes, but realised something.
'Isn't my mother still laying in bed'.

Kira immediately ran to wake her sister and pulled her out bed.

What Kira witnessed next was something she'll never forget. Standing by her mother's door.

A woman. Eyes as dark as the night sky, hair that hung till the floor and a white dress as filthy as mud. It's  nails as long and sharp looking like thorns.

Kira held up her rosary( Jesus Christ necklace ) at the woman and she screamed and her body started smoking. Kira felt like her ears can peel off and her eyes can pop out

Kira and daisy ran out of the house to call her neighbor.

The neighbor called the police and they investigated the house.

They found no one other than her dead mother lying on the bathroom floor.

Kira had nightmares of that encounter. As well as daisy.

Kira and daisy left the US to stay with their grandparents in New Zealand after their mother's funeral.

To this day. Whenever Kira looks at her mother's foto, she remembers that encounter.

Things like these happen.
Respect your mother