"Newt...you are literally the only guy in Glade that has a girlfriend. I think you're doing fine on your own." I stated honestly, still amused.

A small snort left him as a crooked grin relieved his cringe, his tense shoulders slowly deflating. He relaxed into my touch, blushing at his own nerves.

"You're right." He sighed, running his right hand over his pink face.

"Also, you don't need to use pickup-lines on me. I'm..." I paused, a crooked smile tugging on my left cheek, "I'm already yours."

Newt's eyes flickered to mine, searching for certainty inside my gaze. A full subconscious smile pulled on my lips, mirroring Newt's own gleeful grin.

"Well...that's good-" His voice cracked again, his startled eyes making a snort leave my mouth. He ignored my soft chuckles while he adjusted his throat, his own amused smile painting his lips.

He pulled his left hand out of his pocket, revealing the beige fabric. Claiming his bottom lip with his teeth, he anxiously held the material out to me, urging me to take it.

I briefly glanced up, finding his reassuring gaze to take it. Removing my right hand from Newt's stomach, I clutch onto the soft fabric, my thoughts swarming with assumptions to what was inside the cloth.

With my attention consumed by the gift, I turned away from the blonde beaut, pacing with excitement and riddled with curiosity. My lips with pursed, restraining my excited grin as I began to unfold the fabric.

"I-it's nothing special." Newt told, stuttering as he became nervous again.

Ignoring him, I tugged on the corners of the thin material, revealing the small object.

Laying within the centrefolds of the cloth was a flat and rounded piece of amber glass, the sheeny honey glare resembling the embers of a polished fire.

My lips fell apart at the tiny treasure's beauty. My mind fell free of questions as I dragged my fingertips over the glossy glass, being tender incase it were to fall. 

"Where did you find this?" I found myself asking, my stare never leaving the glass.

"I had it since day one. Found it in my pocket. I'm not entirely sure where it came from or why I have it, but I kept it."

I nodded in awe, too consumed in the treasure, "Is this sea glass?"

The glass, though it glowed dark orange, was not completely see-through. The corners were rounded as if polished down to protect delicate finger pads from being sliced. It was dainty. The size was no bigger than that of a thumb. Even though there are some items made of glass here in Glade, I know that none of it matched the smooth amber of this treasure.

"Dunno. Probably. I used t'think a lot about it, but it never triggered any memories so I just kept it in my pocket." Newt shrugged.

"Why do you think it was in your pocket in the first place?" I asked for his opinion, curiously.

"I really don't know. I used to think it was a gift. That someone gave it t'me before the Maze. It helped me a bit. Made me feel like there was someone outside all of this, waitin' for me." Newt smiled, a distant look casting his haunted gaze to the floor.

I watched him carefully while the nostalgic look fell from his face as he fell back into reality.

I listened silently as Newt continued, "Figured I had it for a reason," He said before gazing up to me softly, "But I wanna give it to you."

My head cocked to the side, a soft but uncertain look masking my astonishment, "Why? Not that I don't like it or anything, but if you think you have it for a reason and it means somethin' to you, then why give it to me?"