Chapter 28 - Lies

After almost four hours, finally Kimi comes out from operation room and Kaneki immediately asks her about Touka's condition. She tells him she found several unidentified organs inside her also she noted there's bleeding in several of her digestion organs.

"T-Then...how about the baby?!"

"...What are you talking about? She is not pregnant. After I examined her, to be honest it will be hard for her to get pregnant. Even if she capable too, I'm afraid the baby can't last too long."

Kaneki's legs become numb the he sits on bench. His friends are calling his name for several times but he can't hear anything and his mind become blank. He tries to calm himself down, he takes a deep breath to control his breath and mind.

"Then, can she be cured?"

"I don't know it will work for her but it's not wrong to try it; she must stop getting hurt and stop cannibalizing. Cannibalizing indeed can increase a ghoul's strength but the consequence is she/he will lose control of them self. It seems Kirishima suppress her sanity too long so, it affected her health instead."

Kaneki silents then before the female doctor leaves, he asks her permission to stay right beside Touka. After he gets her permission, he enters the room and saw his wife laying down in bed. He takes her hand then he kisses the back of it.

Touka. Please, wake up. I won't angry even though you lie to me but please...wake up.

-----

Hey, till when you will asleep like that, Rabbit?

Touka awakes and saw Eto sits beside her as she playing with a flower. Touka looks surround her, she is at a house with a beautiful garden.

Eto? Where are we? Did I die?

Hmm...You're half right, this is afterlife. 
Jeez~ Now, what will you do? Giving up?

No, since I must return to the others...and to him too.

*smirk* Then what are you waiting for?
Wake up and fight. You have us, you know?

Eto pointing at somewhere then from the distance, Touka saw the ghouls who have been eaten by her.

You're right. 

Thank you for lending your power, even it's cost my sanity and my healthy.
I won't disappointed you guys.

*smile* Good girl.

-----

Kaneki stays beside her for days and take care of her, one day when Kaneki was sleeping, he suddenly feels a twitch from under his hand then he wakes up immediately as he finding Touka awakes.

"...Kaneki?"

Kaneki immediately hugs her and she really looks confused. She hugs him back and pats his back for several times.

"I-I'm afraid you will never awake again, Touka. Thank you, for come back to me."

"I-I don't remember what happened. Where are we, Kaneki?"

"We are at CCG headquarter, it was Hide's idea and now we are teaming up with investigators. You suddenly passed out then Nishiki's girlfriend treated you five days ago. ...Touka, why don't you tell me about your health?"

"...She tells you everything?"

Kaneki nods, Touka averts her eyes and grips the blanket which covering her body.

"Sorry for lying, Kaneki. I don't want everyone worry and affected our morale. And...about I'm being pregnant-"

"I know. I'm just... I'm just a bit disappoint since I really want to have children with you but I really want you to become healthy again. Nishino-san told me, you mustn't cannibalizing anymore and...stop fighting."

"*sigh* That's the reason why I keep it secret. I can't just stop it here, Kaneki. Just a bit-"

"I JUST DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU, TOUKA!!"

Silence.

"Nishino-san told me your condition is not good also, she told me that it will be hard for you to get pregnant now."

Touka saw the tears falls down to his cheek, it's the first time she saw Black Reaper crying. She reached out her hands then she hugs him as she wipes his tears.

"Sorry, Kaneki. ...To be honest, I want to make a family with you too, thank you for loving me. It's not like I don't value my own life but I can't stop right here, I've already come this far. How about this? Right after the battle is over, I will stop fighting and I will live in peace with you and...if possible, with our children."

Kaneki stares at wife then he nods.

"I accept it, with one condition; please let me stay beside you. Until the end. We are husband and wife, right?"

Touka smiles then they kiss again but Touka immediately pushes him over when she saw her brother and Yomo barge into the room. Ayato yelling and getting angry because his sister never tells about her healthiness.

"...Touka, I heard the explanation from Reaper's students. Are they true?"

"I'm sorry, Yomo-san, Ayato."

"Do you know how worry I am?! Why you won't tell me?! I-!"

Touka tells her brother to sit beside her then she hugs him.

"Ayato, please forgive me. But I promise, after this final battle I will stop and I will live with my husband."

Hearing word 'husband' from Touka, Kaneki blushes then he smiles meanwhile Yomo and Ayato stares at him emotionlessly.

"...Touka, White Reaper is still alive. He said you and him made a deal. Is that-?", asks Yomo. 

"Yes, it is. Yomo-san, I know you have grudge to him and you can't forgive him at all, but please, we need to work up together. There is no 'enemy' between ghouls and doves again. Our enemy is V and...Kamishiro Rize."

Yomo seems recognize that name, later, he controls his emotion then he whispers "I'll try". Touka smiles then she gets down from the bed with Kaneki's and her brother's help.

"I slept too long. My condition is good enough now, I need to thank Kimi-san later. Now, let's go to prepare our final battle."

_____________________________________