Chapter One

"Axe, did you finish packing?" Agatha called.

Axel looked up from his textbook.

He and Serenity had... liberated their parents old textbooks and had been reading ahead.

"Yeah!" he said.

"Theresa, how about you?"

His sister laughed and ran a hand through her fluffy blond hair.

"Of course, Mom! I'm not irresponsible! What do you think of me!"

Agatha stared at her.

She chuckled uncomfortably.

"I'm just going to go and... grab something from my room."

She gave Agatha a grin before she took off at a sprint.

Axel shook his head sufferingly and Agatha chuckled.

"It's a good thing she learned how to 'lie' from her father," Agatha mused.

Axel nodded in agreement and turned back to the textbook.

Agatha stole it out of his hands and raised an eyebrow at him.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think Serenity was a Never from her bad influence on you."

"I just wanted to read a little!"

Agatha rolled her eyes and turned back to the castle.

She paused after a moment and smiled.

"Your father's in the garden."

Axel looked up and grinned.

He pushed himself to his feet and hurried into the garden, though his run was much slower than Theresa's.

For anyone that didn't know Axel of Camelot, a rare occurrence since their book had been released a little under a week ago), he was the second born child of King Tedros and Queen Agatha.

He was lanky without being tall (something he had thought impossible) with short stringy black hair. His eyes were a dark brown shade that he'd inherited from his mother. Despite his lineage, he had no idea how to wield the sword or use any sort of weapon. He was always more like his mother in that area, preferring magic.

His sister, Theresa of Camelot, was the firstborn and therefore the heir to Camelot. She had short, fluffy blond hair and a smile that could make both princesses and princes stop and stare. She had her father's pristine, sky blue eyes and had gotten most of his other physical traits as well. She was taller than average and even had his ability with the sword as well.

Last week, Axel would have looked at all her "perfect" traits with nothing but jealousy.

But since their adventure that had taken both several months and less than a minute (yes, it was confusing, don't bring it up with Serenity), he had come to understand her better.

He'd also grown closer to his father.

Speaking of, Tedros was waiting for him in the garden.

He came up and threw an arm around Axel and immediately started to talk about the most recent spell Axel was trying to master.

His mother reminding Theresa to pack bought them about fifteen minutes before the princess came racing into the garden, grinning.

"Hey, Dad, how about one more practice fight before we go?"

Her eyes glistened with excitement and challenge as she held up her sword in front of her.

"I don't know, you two need to get going soon...," Tedros said.