She held out the small pink box with a hand that trembled a little bit more than she would have liked it to. Ferya had never considered the fact that the night kin may want anything from a coffee shop, or that with only humans working them, the places would be closed by the time night rolled around.

The demons paused in surprise, both of them giving her a careful look, before the male reached out and took the box delicately, as if it were something precious and breakable. "Really? It smells amazing."

"There isn't a lot, just a blueberry tart, a lemon muffin, a couple cookies and a cupcake..." Ferya offered, before wiping her hands on her pants and taking a step inside, realizing that night had fully fallen while she had been standing there, talking to the two of them.

Both demons gave her wide grins, before letting the door swing shut behind her, leaving her standing in the lobby, unable to see them as more than shadows through the darkly tinted glass. With a soft sigh she turned slowly, taking in the shining, clean expanse of the lobby that was completely alien to the old crumbling brick and peeling linoleum. The place looked like she probably wasn't going to be able to afford living here anymore, judging by the brand-new couches, shining gold and silver decorations and what appeared to be an elevator that actually worked. There was a side hallway with a row of empty storefronts, as if waiting for some business to open, the largest of which was in the far corner, taking up a good quarter of the ground floor, though it was separated from the lobby by dark glass that she could not see through.

She paced towards that corner, unable to help herself, seeing a white sheet of paper taped to what appeared to be a glass door.

It read: HELP WANTED: Baker/Manager. Apply within.

Ferya was tired and sore and only had a couple hours left until she had to be up for work again, but she found herself grasping the handle and tugging the door open, exposing a half-constructed coffee shop with its own entrance out onto the street. The place sat empty of anything other than the half-unwrapped tables and chairs, the empty service counter and several boxes of stock or coffee supplies lined up behind the counter. She took a couple steps into the eerie silence, telling herself to stay calm, that she would be fine, trying to prevent herself from turning around and running away.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed softly around the room, filling the vacuum and making the feeling that someone was watching her grow even more intense.

"Are you here to apply for the job?" The voice came from behind her and she turned around to see a fire demon, complete with large black curling horns, dark red skin and flame filled eyes, grinning within arm's reach of her.

His teeth were as sharp as the other demon's had been and he smelled slightly of sulphur but was dressed in a black t-shirt and a pair of tight jeans, complete with cowboy boots. "You don't appear to have a resume."

Ferya frowned softly as she tilted her head to look up at him, having to swallow a couple times before she could get her voice to work. "I just got back from work, I saw your sign, but I didn't think..."

The demon continued to grin as he leaned forward, taking in a slow breath when his face was beside hers. Smoke curled around their heads as he growled. "You smell like a bakery. Is that where you work?"

"Baltha, you know very well who this is." It was a voice behind her, and she took a step back away from the fire demon, half turning to see Lucifer standing only a few steps away from her. "No more games."

"How?" Ferya asked, glancing between them, seeing the wicked grin from the demon, who gave her a wink, which caused her to blush for no logical reason.

"This building was a shit hole. So I bought it." Lucifer offered a shrug, before waving his hand at the shop. "And I want to control access to the things you make, so I have provided you with this shop. Baltha was here to speak with anyone who wishes a job helping you out. He will also be your security when you open, during the night."