Chapter 4

It has been a couple of days since we both moved in

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It has been a couple of days since we both moved in. Kris and I haven't seen each other as much as I go to university and he goes to work so we both were quite busy.

Right now, I am unpacking all of my suitcases because my mother is coming to visit me. She hates when my room is not clean so that is why I am unpacking it and putting it nicely in my closet.

Kris will be home soon possibly around the same time when my mother arrives once he is done with his work.

After cleaning my room and putting my clothes away, I head to his room to clean his too. We do not share a room because we are not comfortable with each other plus we rarely see each other so what is the point of sharing a room. He have lots of expensive clothes and has many decent clothing pieces that I would love to own a couple. He does have a good fashion sense.

It took me a while to unpack his and to put it away in his closet. I went back to my room to take a quick shower since I am sweating. After I got out, I changed into a long silky white tight dress and paired it with some black heels. I then went to my vanity mirror to blow dry my hair and curled just the bottom of it. I applied some makeup on my face with simple light pink lipstick with mascara. I looked in the mirror and damn, I do look good.

I already cooked food this morning the moment I received the news that my mother would come to see us. If she finds out that I didn't cook, she would go on and on about how women should have food ready once their husband arrives home. So right now, I am just waiting for them to arrive.

After a couple of minutes on my phone, there was a sound of the door opening. I went to check to see who it is and it turned out to be Kris.

"Hey, you arrived home early", I said.

"There wasn't that much of a traffic so yeah". Kris turned to look at me for the first time and it seems he had a shocked expression on his face. His eyes scanned me from the bottom to the top. It made me uncomfortable for some reasons but I shook it off once there was a doorbell.

Kris went to open the door before looking at me once again.

The car's door opened and the driver held the door letting my mom out. My mom was in this elegant outfit with pearl jewellery's. The driver then closed the door and opened the trunk, pulling out housewarming gifts.

"I know this whole situation is so sudden and so rushed so I expected that both of you won't have the time to shop for your house. So I bought all of these for you" my mom explained pointing at bunch of bags all around the entrance.

"Thank you, I guess?". I really didn't expect for her to buy us housewarming gifts. "Kris, you must have been really hungry so I made really delicious meals".

After setting up the table while they both are in the living talking about things I don't know. I walked to the living room to tell them it's all ready.

We all ate our dinner really quiet and I have only gotten compliments from my mom about the food. Kris hasn't spoken much so my mom asked him if the food was good.

He grumbled out a yeah and continued to eat his dinner quietly. I am really annoyed that he hasn't said anything about it as he would be the first not to say how good the food is. We chatted for a bit with some tea and coffee before she left.

I had so much work to do. Firstly, I put the gifts away, cleaned the table and the kitchen and then the dishes. I was heading to my room until I saw a light on which was coming from his room. Opening his door and there he was sleeping on his chair with the laptop open. "He must have been really tired", I thought. I went to get blanket and putting it on him. I couldn't help but stare at how handsome he is. If it wasn't for his complete silence, I may won't have a problem with him after all.