⚊ ch. 4, burning trash

*

➸ CHAPTER 4!
burning trash

*

*

❝do not fucking test me, jane!❞

*

The next week and a half was hard on Jane. All she did was eat Bryers vanilla bean ice cream, cry, watch romantic comedies, and drink wine. 

She was now watching one of her favorite movies, 'Legally Blonde'. It was the scene where Elle was basically doing the same thing she was, crying while watching a Rom-Com and eating ice cream.

"I feel you girl, I feel you." Jane sniffed, taking a huge scoop of the ice cream and stuffing it into her mouth, "Goddamn, I love this ice cream."

DING - FUCKING - DONG

Mid-sob, Jane looked up from the pint of ice cream, "Who dares interrupt my sorrow?"

Reluctantly getting up from her couch, Jane slowly shuffled her way to her door.

DING - FUCKING - DONG

"I'M COMING DAMN IT!" she yelled at the door as she shoveled more ice cream into her mouth. 

Opening her door Jane was face to face with her friend, Beverly, "Oh my god, it's worse than I thought," the girl mumbled with a horrified expression on her face. 

"Hey, Bev," Jane greeted, starting her walk back to her living room to finish her movie. "Jesus Christ, Jane, when was the last time you cleaned this place??" Beverly asked, looking at the takeout boxes littered across the room. 

"When did Mike break up with me?"

"How in the sheer fuck did this become a pigsty in the time span of a week and a half??"

"Hey, it's not that messy!" Jane said, deeply offended. 

"JANE YOU'RE LITERALLY SITTING ON A THRONE OF PIZZA BOXES!" 

Jane slowly moved off the leaning tower of pizza boxes, not breaking eye contact with the red-head, "No I'm not," she said quietly.

Beverly rubbed her face with an exasperated sigh, "Alright, get the hell up and go shower. You look and smell like burning trash."

"UM, RUDE!" Jane huffed, crossing her arms. Beverly wasn't exactly wrong. Jane was a goddamn trainwreck. She was like a rollercoaster without the brakes. 

She had food stains on her clothes, deep bags, her hair was in an extremely messy bun, and let's not even bring up the putrid scent that radiated off of her.

"Shower! NOW!" 

"What if I don't want to?"

"Do NOT fucking test me, Jane!"

"I'm going! Geez..." Jane grumbled as Beverly rolled her eyes.

While Jane was washing away her disgust, Beverly cleaned her house. She couldn't stand disorder and messes. It brought back memories of her childhood and she hated her childhood. Beverly had an abusive, alcoholic dad and often had nightmares about a child-eating clown. 

Weird, I know, but to each their own.

Jane and she had met at work and immediately hit it off. They were both interns at the time, but now, three years after working for Henderson Inc., one of the biggest toy companies in the world, Jane was the personal assistant to Dustin Henderson, the CEO, and Beverly was one of Dustin's best Technical Designers.

The two were good friends with Dustin before the business went big. Even though they know Dustin is an all-around goofy and funny guy, he's very serious about his work. But, because he loved Jane and because she almost never called off work, he gave her two weeks to recover from the breakup. 

He had known Mike since they were kids, much longer than he has known Jane, and he knew Mike could be an asshole sometimes. And bisexual. Dustin totally knew, without a doubt that Mike was bisexual. 

Anyway, the brunette had felt extremely relaxed and much better after her shower. She had gotten dressed into some comfortable clothing and went into her living room to find Beverly sitting on a now clean couch, eating her ice cream.

"HEY! My Bryers!" Jane exclaimed as she took the now almost empty pint of ice cream from Beverly.

Beverly just rolled her eyes and licked the remaining ice cream off her spoon, "You didn't need it anyway, you should be thanking me."

"As much as I love you coming into my home, eating my food and judging me," Jane sneered sarcastically as she plopped down next to the red-head, "I must ask, why are you here?"

"Oh, right! I did have a reason for coming over," Beverly hummed, "I think we should go out for a girls night! You can't stay cooped up in this loft for the rest of your life!"

"I can't stay in this loft forever? Observe," Jane grabbed her throw blanket and proceeded to snuggle into her couch, getting as comfortable as she possibly could, "See? I'm content staying here for all eternity."

Beverly snatched the blanket off of her friend, "I'm serious, girl! You have got to get back out there! Forget Mike!"

"Easy for you to say! You and Ben have been together forever! Your 3 year anniversary is coming up right?" Jane exclaimed. Beverly gave a small smile and wrapped her arm around Jane, "I'm sorry, Jane. But I hate seeing you like this."

The brunette sighed and buried her head in her hands, "...When are we having this 'girls night'?"

Beverly squealed with happiness and hugged her friend super tight, "You will NOT regret this!"

"I think I already have." Jane squeaked out, as she removed the red-heads arms so she could breathe.

"Friday night! Wear your best and sexiest clothes!" Beverly grabbed her purse, "I have to run but I'll text you all the deets!"

"I love ya, bye!" and with that, the small woman had left Jane's apartment. She chuckled quietly to herself, "Bye, Bev."

'Legally Blonde' was still playing when Jane got up and went into her secret stash, whipping out more ice cream.

She shoveled the ice cream into her mouth happily, "At least I'll always have you, my love,~" 

*

WOW IT HAS LITERALLY BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS SINCE I LAST UPDATE IM SO SORRY

ALL THAT WAITING FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT CHAPTER I KNOW, I'M SORRY

updates will be more frequent. i've realized that i work best under pressure. if you give me leeway and a chance to do it on my own time, i won't do shit and thats a promise lmao. but since school starts in less than 3 weeks, i'll try to pump out some chapters before my first day back when my anxiety and stress comes back :)

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! don't forget to leave a vote and some comments!

i love you guys so much and i'll see you in the next update! byeeee!

*

★彡 ELEGANTLY WASTED 彡★