The Art of Seduction (21)

Chapter 21

Dominic had loaned his parents van for our trip. At exactly 7 AM on Saturday morning, he had parked in front of my house. My friends and I shuffled over to the car, lugging our bags behind us. Dominic ran out, opened the back and helped us pile it up on the boys' bags. 

"Thanks," I told him sleepily, cause, let's face it. 7 AM is way too early to be up on the first Saturday in our spring break. 

On the inside, Dominic's van was divided into three seats that fit two and a small area to walk beside. Seth was sitting in the back, Collin in front of him and Nolan in front of Collin. By the time I had managed to get my bag in the back, Nancy had jumped into the passenger's seat, Suzan had taken the seat next to Collin and Sandra was cuddling with Nolan. That left the seat next to Seth for me. 

While a part of me was excited to seat next to him, my mind groaned loudly. Being so close to Seth for an indefinite amount of time could surely not be good for my heart. 

"Morning, Angel," he murmured softly as I sat down next to him. 

"Hey," I muttered back as I shuffled into the seat and buckled the seatbelt. 

"Everyone ready?" Dominic asked, glancing back to see if everyone was seated. 

We answered back in unison with a "yes" and Dominic turned the key in the ignition. 

"How long is the drive up there?" I asked Seth when we reached the end of the street. 

Seth shrugged while he leaned against the window. 

"Not too long. We'll be there around noon." 

I groaned and slammed my head into the seat. Five hours in a car did not sound that great to me. 

"Olivia... Hey, Liv. Wake up, Angel..." 

Somewhere, someplace far away, someone was calling my name. I moved my head slightly and groaned, burying my head farther into something warm. Someone chuckled right beside me. 

"Angel, you need to wake up." 

"No..." I complained with a groan. 

The person chuckled again, longer now and my whole body began shaking. 

"Stop it," I told him, slapping the person lightly. 

It only caused him to laugh louder and my body to shake more. I was abruptly taken out of the dream world I had been comfortable in for who knows how long. 

I opened my eyes slowly and stared right into the blue eyes of Seth Campbell. 

"Morning, Angel. We're here," Seth said softly. 

That's when I noticed his arm was slung around my shoulder, both my arms were wrapped tightly around his waist and my head was resting in the crook of his neck.

"Already?" I muttered, feeling way too content to move just yet. 

"Yes, you've slept throughout the entire ride up here," Seth told me. 

I groaned one more time but sat up straight and stared into the empty van. 

"Where is everybody?" I asked groggily. 

"They're already inside," Seth said. "You just refused to wake up." 

Another chuckle went through him and he motioned for me get up. I did so grudgingly before making my way out of the van. 

Dominic had parked the car in a small, gravel parking lot. In front of us was a large, two-story cabin. It had large windows and from where we stood I could see a patio that went around half the house. The cabin stood close to a lake. It was so beautiful.