"Ya Mukhtar, I forgive you, please forgive me also. For everything" she cried.

"Even Amtullah has forgiven me, I met her yesterday and her husband was the one who even let me in their house.."

"Allah Sarki ya Mukky duniya Keenan. (Such is life)" she said laughing even though tears were rolling down her cheek uncontrollably.

"Wallahi Kuwa" he chuckled dryly. "I can remember the day Maami said I will regret letting my mother go, do you know what I said to her?"

She shook her head negatively.

"I said I'd rather die than witness that day. astaghfirullah"

The tears were rolling down faster on Haneesa's face, she can swear she has never heard Ya Mukky say 'astagfirullah' until today.

"May Allah forgive me. Well see me here, I am not dead and I regret letting her go."

"It's your qadr (destiny) don't beat yourself to it!"

He sighed, "I know and Alhamdulilah." they sat there for a while, talking and reminiscing about old days before he finally stood up.

"Now stop crying and take your child, I promised Maami I will be home soon." He handed Aslam over.

Turning around to meet Ahmaad holding a sleeping Aslaha as he stood by the door He smiled at him and he smiled back. Just like that Haneesa watch her brother and husband embrace each other in a hug.

She can remember those days Ya Mukky hated the sight of Ahmaad but now,

He is a changed man.

🍀🍀🍀

"Anee stop smiling like a weirdo and help me knot my tie" Ahmaad whined standing before his wife wearing a white buttoned up shirt, dark pants and matching suit. His tie was dangling from his neck carelessly.

"I wasn't smiling and when will you learn to knot your tie?" She rolled her eyes helping him. He wrapped his hands around her waist pulling her closer to his body and she giggles at their proximity.

"You were smiling like a weirdo staring into space. And who told you I don't know how to knot my tie? I just prefer it when you do it" he whispered into her ear biting her earlobe teasingly, she shivered.

"Ya Haidar!!" They heard a loud bang on their door. "we are going to be late" Nabiila yelled again making them to laugh.

Quickly pushing her husband away from her, she watch as he kissed the twins and sauntered out of the room as she followed him, more like run after him. She poured his coffee from the coffee maker to a mug before handing it to him.

"See the disadvantages of being late" she rolled her eyes and he sigh.

"I love you and take Care" he kissed her lips tenderly before rushing out to meet Nabiila who was already in the car.

After they left, before Haneesa could take a break and rest on the couch she heard the yell of Aslaha and she immediately rushed to the room to carry her.

She undressed her and gave her a bath before dressing her up and then doing the same to Aslam who was half awake half asleep. She fed them and strapped them to their baby rocker and positioned it to the television before taking a quick shower herself.

Dressing casually in her pink beaded abaya, she arranged the twins baby bag before tiding up the room. Throwing Ahmaad's dirty clothes in the laundry bag, she fell on the bed tiredly. She doesn't even have the energy to sweep the room talk less of the whole house.

She laid on the bed from some minutes more before forcing herself out of the bed when she heard the honking of a car. Ya Mukky!!! After begging him last night to please drop her in Amtullah's house, he agreed.

"I guess some things never change" she teased staring at a sleepy Mukhtar who was wearing a black T-shirt and pajamas trousers. He was wearing a dark shades probably to hide his eye bags.

"Don't make me turn around and leave you stranded"

"No. No. Sorry please" she quickly replied knowing very well he can do that. "Can you please help me with one baby? I have to hold the baby bag and it is too heavy" she requested and he sighed heavily helping her with Aslam.

"You need to get a nanny" he groaned as he hands her the babies when she settled in the back seat.

"Ahmaad is against nannies" She replied frustrated.

Rolling his eyes, he walked to the passenger's seat and drove to Amtullah's house which is less than thirty minutes away without traffic.

"Thank you so much, Allah ya saka. You are the best brother ever" she teased as he drops her off, he even did her a favor by carrying the twins bag inside the living room while she struggled with the babies.

"Come on get out"

"Sweet bro"

"I'm leaving" he walked away annoyed which made Haneesa to laugh.

🍀🍀🍀

"Aren't we going with the twins?" Ahmaad asked walking inside the room dressed in a plain white shirt and sweatpants. Two days later after Isha'i prayers, Ahmaad wanted them to go and bid Ummah, Inna Naana and Abba goodbye in their guest chalet cause they were going back to Gombe the next day.

"No, let's just leave them at home with Nabiila. Aslam is about to sleep" she replied packing her hair in a bun before draping her abaya veil over her head.

"Okay tohm, I'll be in the parlor" he walked out while she finished her last touches. By the time she was done, Aslam was already asleep while Aslaha was wide awake in Nabiila's hand. She kissed their foreheads before carrying the warmer of chicken pepper soup she had prepared earlier for her in laws.

"You look stunning" Ahmaad kissed her when they stepped out from the house.

"Thank you Habibi" she feigned a smile because she was simply nervous about meeting her mother in law.

Only God knows what Ummah will say or do to her this time around.

"It will be fine InshaAllah" he placed his hand on her lap squeezing comfortingly.

"You always say that, we can only hope for the best but do not assure me what you don't know for sure" she snapped.

"Fine" he removed his hand from her lap holding the steering wheel with both hands.

The ride was silent, both of them were lost in their thoughts.

"We are here" he announced and she could feel her heart beating fast, really fast.

This time around she is certain Ummah is planning something big.

***

Assalam Alaikum.. Haloooooooo people.

just manage this your Ammah abeggg😭 writing really stresses me nowadays wallahi.

Thank you for all the dua's. I love you all soooooo much 💗💗💗 Allah ya barmu tare through thick and thin and through many, many, many stories.😂

Vote, comment and share.