Don't Think About It

Eden POV :

It's been 2 weeks since your funeral . Time really waits for nobody huh ? I had a dream about you lastnight, it was me, you, and nadee having our regular girls day. Oh how I miss those days . Being to caught up in life to even think about the bad, nowadays I'm just keeping myself busy so I don't have to think about it.

As I was writing in my journal for the third time today there was a knock on my office door. "Come in" I said closing my journal and replacing its spot on my desk with files.

"Hey. I was leaving for the day, just seeing if you needed anything before I left." Rosie stated putting her head inside the office

"I'm good, actually I was just about to head out too ." I said grabbing my coat . "Okay well I'm going out of town tomorrow but I'll be back next Wednesday " Rosie stated as we walked out the building

"That's fine. Have fun and make sure to kiss the angels for me ."I said referring to her kids. "Most definitely." She said before getting in her car

It was Friday night and the streets of New York were packed with people on every corner. I was just ready to make it to Jermaine's house, take a hot shower and relax. Jermaine called me earlier informing me that he was leaving Houston and would be home in the morning .

Walking into the house I was met with a peaceful silence, Cheryl was off for the week so I couldn't have my regular girl talk with her after dinner. "So this is how it feels to not have girlfriends " I sighed taking my heels off

Running a hot bubble bath was becoming a end of the week routine, when Jermaine is gone and I'm left bored . I turn on my favorite R&B songs and dance around in my bathroom.

"Up in the club
Just broke up
I'm doing my own little thing"

"So this what you do when I leave town huh ? Have concerts without me ?" a voice said from behind me

Snatching my towel off the sink and wrapping it around my body, I turned to see Jermaine smiling as if he was a kid in the candy store.

"I thought you weren't coming until the morning?" I asked confused on his timing. "I wanted to surprise you so I took a early flight out. Surprise, you happy to see me ?" He asked wrapping his arms around me

"No, bad timing Jermaine." I said rolling my eyes at his excuse. "Looks like perfect timing to me." He mumbled looking over my towel wrapped body while biting his lip.

"Aye up here stupid." I said snapping in his face. He rolled his eyes at my smart remark and continued observing the bathroom " I see you made a bubble bath, need some company ?" He smirked

"Please . Not even in your dreams." I laughed pushing him out of the bathroom, closing the door .

Searching for Jermaine after my hour of relaxing I finally found him in his studio room doing what he does best, thinking . Over this month that I've been living with Jermaine I've realized that unlike any normal human he doesn't use his studio for work, just to brainstorm.

"Need some company ?" I asked immediately thinking of his smart remark earlier in the bathroom. "Please . Not even in your dreams." He mocked

"You know, I find it hard to hate you everyday ." I laughed taking the seat next to him. "aw how cute." He said sarcastically

"So what you working on tonight ?" I asked crossing my legs under me. "While I was on the way home today there was a kid on the plane sitting next to me, cool kid . Told me his name was Rosco. He also told me that the only reason he was sitting next to me was because his pops funeral is tomorrow and he had to be there ..."

Jermaine's pause made me aware that he was triggered by something that him and the boy discussed on their ride . I didn't want to pressure Jermaine if he chose not to finish simply because we'd had enough sessions for me to know that he hated people pressuring him, the one flaw that I had to work on for the sake of our friendship.

I guess taking my silence as a response, he continued his story stating "I don't know E, just hearing him talk about his pops made me wanna reconnect with mine, see where we went wrong so we can make it right ."

"You only get one mom and dad . No matter the differences he had with ya moms if you feel like fixing the issues with him will help you move forward in life then that's what you gotta do . Before it is too late ." I stated firmly

" then what you waiting on ? I haven't heard you talk about your biological parents in a while Eden, when you gone make time for them?" He asked looking at me. The one thing I hated about him the most, he interrogates me. No matter what the situation is if I can relate, then we have to debate .

"I don't wanna think about that right now . I've made it this far without them so what exactly is there to piece back together " I asked rhetorically hoping he would leave it at that .

"It's not about piecing it back together Eden, it's about starting new chapters in your life and accepting old things . Even the old things that you never got to experience."

"It's not my fault I never got to experience them . Last time I checked they walked out on me and never looked back . I'm 30 years old . I made it this far, so what the fuck I need them now for ?" I said becoming irritated

"We all need closure one day . Whether it's today or 10 years from now, living with the fact that we were unaccepted makes us strive to be accepted, even by people who hasn't even accepted themselves. I just want you happy and I know deep down inside you know that you can't be happy until you get some answers so why not find the answers now ? Before it is too late ."

I looked up at Jermaine but still remained silent . I understood what he was saying but I honestly don't think I'm ready . My situation was way harder to me than the idea he had in his head, a flaw I noticed about Jermaine. No matter the situation he always has a solution even when there is simply no solution at all .

"Jermaine ... just don't think about it, it's easier that way ." I sighed

——————-

hope I wasn't gone too long and you guys didn't forget about this "Cole world " . Don't forget to vote & comment loves .💗

    - Paristhaprodigy ✍🏾-