Sliver

We step out the car and the cool air hits my arm. Harper and I hook arms and go down the alley, Miles bike was no where to be found but only a man in all black stood by a wall.

When we go up to the man it was scary, he wore a badge that said 'Jack'.

Jack lifts an eyebrow,"What's two pretty girls like you doing out here? Here for today's fight?"

Fight?

Harper takes charge and smiles," Yes we are, mind letting us in?"

Jack crosses his arms,"ID's?"

Harper and I show Jack our ID's and he happily lets us in. There were stairs that lead us downstairs, Harper and I looked at each other uncertain about what would be down there. We slowly made our way down the stairs, two steel doors were the only thing left in our way.

"You ready?" Harper asked.

"No not really." We walk into the next room, it was huge.

A boxing ring was placed right in the middle, a bar to the left, and everything else were tables and chairs. This was an illegal boxing. Everyone else wore mask like us, guess nobody wanted to be known.

Two men in suits walked up to Harper and I. The first boy had a light grey suit on and walked up to Harper,"Care for a drink?"

"As long as my friend can come." Harper crosses her arms.

"The more the merrier." Harper takes his hand and he leads her to the bar.

The other boy who had dirty blonde hair but more on the dark side walked up to me to hold out his hand,"Shall we?"

I smile,"We shall."

He leads me to the bar which was crowded but everyone seemed to move when all four of us sat by the bar. The bartender passes each of us a shot of vodka which I kindly decline

"So what's your name?" I ask the boy.

"I'm Sebastian, you love?" Sebastian takes a sip of his shot.

"Madelyn." I tremble. "Who's the guy with Harper. How old are you anyway?" I couldn't tell decipher his age because of his mask.

"His James Michael, my brother. And let's not worry about age instead we should make our way towards to ring." Sebastian takes my hand and leads me towards a closed off area labeled 'V.I.P'.

Harper and I gladly walked into the V.I.P area, we were seated in the best spot with a good view of the crowd and boxing ring. I search for Miles but he's no where to be found.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the fight will begin in soon!" A voice booms through the room.

"What fight?" Harper asked Michael.

"Boxing of course. It's between two very talented guys." Michael informs Harper then turns to Sebastian," I have my money on Copper."

Sebastian chuckles deeply,"Sliver will obviously win."

Micheal lifts an eyebrow extending his hands,"5,000?"

Sebastian smiles,"Deal."

"In the left corner, so far being undefeated, I present to you, Copper!" Cheers and boo's were shouted at the man coming from the left doors. Copper wore a black robe then spun around taking his hood down. Why did I suddenly have a feeling like I knew the person.

Copper wore a copper mask, matching his copper hair. Copper stepped into the ring and from across the ring I saw girls squealing. Copper and I made eye contact, be cocked his head to the side, but something flashed in him.

"Now, all the way from Britain, back here in his hometown, two time heavyweight champion, Sliver!" Sliver walked out, gray shorts, gray boxing gloves which matched with his black hair. I was in awe and I could tell Harper was too.

Sliver stepped into the ring, both men sent each other glares. They went to their corners, preparing for their fight. Where I was sitting, it was close to Slivers side, as Sliver took a sip of his water, he stared at me.

It was like his eyes were looking into my soul. I knew why they called him Sliver, his eyes...

Sliver stepped back, breaking our gaze and walked to the middle. Copper and Sliver got into position, the bell dinged and already punches were being thrown.

Copper shot jabs, not stopping, it was his rhythm. The grunts of the two men, the groans as Copper kneed Sliver. Sliver stepping backwards as he held his stomach.

Sliver hooked, Copper blocking but it was a distraction. Sliver uppercutted Copper in the stomach making Copper lose his balance. Sliver took the opportunity to throw punches, as Copper tried to block, it was no use.

Sliver didn't try while Copper was trying so hard, so hard that I felt bad. Sliver jabbed, then crossed. Copper fell to the ground with a thud, the referee rushed to Copper, 10...9...8...7...6...

"Did he kill him?" Harper whispered to me.

I looked down at the body that didn't move,"4...3..."

"I don't know..." I held my breath.

"2...1..." the bell dinged. One round, that was it.

Everyone cheered, chanting Sliver. The referee walked over to Sliver, raised his arm in the air, everyone screamed, Copper stood up, ashamed of his loss.

Copper got out of the ring, with a blonde following behind him. Copper gripped the blonde and kissed her roughly, whispering something to her, she looked at me. I titled my head confused. He walked past me, but there was something about his neck. Maybe it was a coincidence but there was a hickey, right where I...no, he wouldn't do that.

I turn back towards Sebastian who grins as Micheal sadly gives Sebastian his 5,000 dollars. I look back at the ring, Sliver has left.

Harper drags me to the dance floor, although we were here to find Miles, she wanted to still have a good time.

Harper and I dance, grinding on each other, swaying our hips on Sebastian and Micheal. Sebastian left along with Harper and Micheal. I stayed on the dance floor, dancing my ass off like a lunatic.

A man with a grey mask walks up to me, while people surround him.

"You look beautiful." They smirk.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I grin back. "What's your name?"

"Sliver. You?" My mouth drops.

"Good fight out there, really knocked the guy out." I laugh.

Sliver chuckles," I sure did."

Sebastian comes next to me, passing me a drink," Ah Sliver, great fight out there."

"Thank you. Who's this lovely girl?" Sliver ask looking at me.

"That's not for you to know, wouldn't want another Clara incident." Sebastian sends a tight smile.

"That was one time, I was drunk." Sebastian defends.

"Well tonight, she's going to have a good time." Sebastian smirks.

I quickly gulp down whatever drink it was, but it had a sour feeling. Sebastian begins to bicker with Sliver but my sight gets fuzzy. I sway, losing my balance falling into the arms of someone strong.

I get goosebumps as cold wind gushes past me.

"What the hell?" Harper asked.

"Her drink got spiked by Sebastian, I'm taking her home." Someone else says.

"I don't even know-" there was a pause."Fine. Drop me off, take the car, I'll get it tomorrow."