Chapter 6

The sun is up and the sky is clear and the temperature has been getting warmer lately. It is a perfect day to do something, but CuiXiu is stuck in the library typing away at her paper.

"I can't do this anymore, JiaLi. I don't think I can graduate at this rate." CuiXiu cries into her phone.

"CuiXiu, this is why you shouldn't procrastinate. It's such a nice day out and you're stuck doing your paper that's due in 2 hours."

"I know. I just have to type 2 more pages I'll be done. 2 more!"

"Okay, okay. I treat you to lunch then."

"JiaLi, I love you! Your the bestest friend someone can have!" Hanging up, CuiXiu focuses on the task before her and finishes with 5 minutes to run to the professor and hand him her paper.

"Remember to not wait till the last minute to do it next time," JiaLi warns. CuiXiu hooks her arm with JiaLi's.

"I know, I know. I'll listen to you, your highness. Where are we going for lunch?" On cue, CuiXiu's stomach growls.

"Hungry? Then let's go..." JiaLi motions her finger across the street. "..there."

"Ah. That's my workplace. It's a tea shop." CuiXiu complains.

"I know. I wanted to check it out and see if anyone is bullying your there."

"No one is." CuiXiu pouts at the loss of an expensive meal. JiaLi's family was quite well-off after all.

    Walking in, CuiXiu's coworker GuLan notices them

"CuiXiu, I thought you had off today?"

"Xiao ("little") Lan, I'm here as a paying customer, so you better treat me well," CuiXiu jokes with a haughty attitude. GuLan laughs at her antics.

"CuiXiu, I thought I was the one paying. I guess you want treat me instead," JiaLi states as if it couldn't be helped.

"Nonono. I was wrong, your highness. Don't let this little person offend you." While the two joke around, YuZhong strengthen the barrier around the store. He had felt a strange qi("energy/air") close by and goes to check it out.

"CuiXiu, to be honest, I'm here to take a look at your boss," JiaLi strangely declares. This causes CuiXiu to look at her hesitantly.

"Why?" CuiXiu asks slowly. JiaLi laughs triumphantly for some reason.

"I knew it. You don't know." She smirks.

"Know what?" Even she, the main character, doesn't understand why the author decided to give her such a friend.

"Li YuZhong: 26 years old, graduated B university𑁋 our school, CEO of G Enterprise, and currently single," JiaLi lists off his background information.

"How do you know? This is his personal information!" CuiXiu exclaims, worrying that her friend may have committed some crime.

"Oh come on! This is nothing, everyone knows this stuff. I'm telling you, he's pretty well known. Only you didn't know. Just ask anyone at school." JiaLi may be the disciplined one of the two the majority of the time, but her love of gossip is beyond her own discipline.

"If he's so famous, why is he here tending to a small tea shop?" CuiXiu challenges her friend's information network. JiaLi slumps.

"That's the problem. No one knows! That's why I've come here: to find answers."

"Okay, I get it just don't do anything that might offend him. He still is my boss."

"No problem." JiaLi grins.

YuZhong walks back in the moment CuiXiu and JiaLi decides to leave. CuiXiu, not paying enough attention to what's in front of her when talking to JiaLi, bumps into YuZhong, almost falling backwards. Reacting just in time, YuZhong grabs her arm.

"Are you okay?" YuZhong asks wide-eyed.

"I'm fine!" CuiXiu yelps. YuZhong helps stabilizing her balance. He tucks some of her hair behind her ear.

"Be more careful. Pay attention when you're walking." He warns close by her right ear. His voice close by and the feeling of his breathe brings a slight blush to CuiXiu's face which is barely noticeable. Standing next to the two is JiaLi and of course she saw everything that happened and the tinge of red on CuiXiu's cheeks. Spring has come for you my friend.

"I know. Thank you, boss." Saying her gratitude, CuiXiu runs out, pulling JiaLi with her.

"CuiXiu, stop running!" JiaLi yells.

"Oh, sorry." CuiXiu slows down to a walking pance.

"CuiXiu, be honest with me, do you like him?" JiaLi straight out asks.

"Like? Who?" She tries to avoid the question, but JiaLi finds this as the perfect chance for payback from CuiXiu's teasing about her cousins.

"Your boss, Li YuZhong."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Our relationship is purely employer and employee," CuiXiu defends.

"I don't think so! I saw that there's something more," JiaLi goes in for the attack.

"He's just a nice person. A lot better than my previous boss. Hey, do you think that I'll be able to pass Professor Xie's class?" CuiXiu brings out the distraction tactic, but it is no use. JiaLi continues her headon attacks.

"CuiXiu, you can't avoid this. Tell the truth." Finally, CuiXiu gives in.

"Alright, to be honest, he's a bit weird." JiaLi looks at her friend confused. " He is nice. He doesn't blame me for my small mistakes and doesn't mind when I'm blunt about something."

"And?" She eggs on for more.

"But he sometime says things like how I've always been like that or how nice it is to see me smile. Don't you think it's a bit weird?"

"Well then." JiaLi crosses her arms and thinks for a moment.

"Are you disgusted or feel creeped out by him?"

"In general, no," CuiXiu replies flatly.

"Does your cheeks feel a bit warm when he's near."

"I...I'm not sure, but I feel my pulse quickens. Am I allergic to something?"

"I see. I understand now." JiaLi nods her head.

"Understand what?"

"Hou CuiXiu, congratulations! It's the start of your first love!"

"What!"