Part 14

You woke up to an alien gently shaking your shoulder.

"Y/N?" Thomanikon whispered causing you to groan and turn over to face him.

"Hey." You smiled at him.

He smiled back. But, then motioned for you to sit up.

"I want to talk to you for a little."

You furrowed your brow in confusion. What did he want to talk to you about? You sat up, noticing that you felt a lot better, which was a relief. You were starting to worry that you would always feel weak.

"What do you want to talk about?" You kept your voice down, realizing that Jacurbion was still softly snoring on the other side of the room. You and Tom didn't want to wake him.

He sighed and let his hand casually find yours and start playing with your fingers.

"I think they might separate us today. We aren't very far from Maxmirius."

You tensed up, a little fearful of what that meant.

"And just in case that happens..." He continued. "I want to make sure you hear something from me."

You nodded, not really knowing what to say. You felt more insecure now. Not from the way Tom was talking, but just the thought of being separated from him with strange, evil people definitely made you concerned.

"It's just... I wanted to thank you for everything. Back on Earth, you could've easily ignored me or gotten me in trouble, but you helped me."

You smiled. "Of course, Tom."

"No, but I'm serious. If anything happens to me, I need you to know that you mean everything to me, Earthling. Not once in my life have I been this open to anyone. You changed my entire galaxy. You're my entire universe."

You wanted to smile, but you couldn't help but notice that first part of his little comment.

"Tom..." You started. "Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye?"

He sighed and looked down. "I-I'm not. I'm just... I'm just worried about you and I'm not sure what's going to happen when we get to Maxmirius."

You shushed him and cupped his face. "Hey, hey. We talked about this. Everything will be fine." You smiled and continued, "Jacurbion will save the day, and then you'll go to the King. After that, you'll give me a feast."

You laughed and he did too, just the tiniest bit of guilt shining through his eyes that made you curious, but you ultimately ignored it, passing it off as nerves.

He didn't say anything but followed suit and cupped your cheek. Now the both of you were sitting very close each other, arms wrapped around one another. Tom was smiling as tears built up in his eyes.

In this moment, nothing else mattered besides him. Earth didn't matter, Hazzion and Zenira didn't matter, your own fatigue didn't matter, and even the fact that Tom was purple didn't matter. All that mattered was that you were with him.

He let out a small appreciative giggle and stroked your cheek with his thumb. "Can I...can I kiss you?" He asked you so softly that you weren't even sure it happened. You just nodded and leaned in.

Your lips touched and butterflies flew throughout your body. It was a short, but passionate kiss. It was a kiss from a fairytale where the prince and princess know from that moment on that they were soulmates.

It wasn't just a kiss, it was way more than that.

When you pulled apart, your eyes were closed and a grin spread across your face. You opened your eyes and slowly peered into the loving eyes of the alien right next to you. Both of you didn't say anything. You just sat quietly and still and smiled at one another.